Attached is a simple file that demonstrates this. As is, it does not leave a blank page. But if you remove the num:nil option from the second line of this file, you do get a blank page. You (probably) need koma-article class for this. (I didn't install anything. It just worked for me.) You don't need the images. -pd On 2/28/14, 8:21 PM, Peter Davis wrote: > > On 2/28/14, 7:38 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: >> John is correct, I think, although latex's behavior in leaving an empty >> page does not make much sense to me. Nevertheless, when I reduce >> the height of the last image to less than about 7.85 inches, the empty >> page goes away. AFAICT, num: and toc: settings do not affect this >> behavior. >> > > Thanks, Nick, but I have confirmed that adding num:nil eliminates the > blank page, and removing that re-introduces the blank page. No other > changes to the .org file were made. I was wondering if LaTeX has some > predisposition to handle numbered section headings differently from > unnumbered ones as far as pagination. > > I'll try to make a simple, clean sample that reproduces it, but it's > going to take some trial-and-error testing. > > -pd > -- ---- Peter Davis The Tech Curmudgeon www.techcurmudgeon.com