* Org-mode c-c a
@ 2013-12-24  3:26 Todd Neufeld
From: Todd Neufeld @ 2013-12-24  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

I apologize for the very very beginner question, but..
I can't figure out how to get c-c a defined in org-mode.

I am using emacs 24.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.

I believe I have updated the emacs configuration file with
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

Yet, somehow I only get  "c-c a is undefined" when I enter that command.
I have my emacs configuration file in my home folder, not in an emacs
buffer.
Not sure if that's right...
Though I think that's not the problem as other commands in the file seem
to take effect.

Anyway, any help would be MUCH appreciated, as I'm enthusiastic to get
going with org-mode.

So, happy holidays, and many thanks !

todd neufeld

* Re: Org-mode c-c a
@ 2013-12-24  5:12 ` Todd Neufeld
From: Todd Neufeld @ 2013-12-24  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ha, never mind.
After several hours of work, I finally figured out my configuration file
was being saved as #.emacs #  always.
Once I changed it to .emacs it seems to have kicked in.

Sorry for the bother.

Possibly more information on how to get started with the configuration
file might be useful,
but maybe it's just me.

Happy holidays and new year,

todd