* Proposal: adjust CLOCK directly in agenda
@ 2012-08-30  9:02 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-08-30  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I use the agenda most of the day.
Many times I have to adjust clock entries:
Adding a quarter of an hour or more to an entry and subtracting that
time from a preceding or following entry in the agenda. In order to do
that I have to leave the agenda, go to the CLOCK entry of the item
(having to open the LOGBOOK drawer ..) and adjust with org-shiftup
(Increase item in timestamp or increase priority of current headline) or
org-shiftdown.

My proposal is to allow that operation directly in the agenda CLOCK
entry. Having point on the starting or ending clock of the CLOCK entry
would adjust the CLOCK without having to enter the item and going back
to the agenda, having to reload it to see the effect.
I would propose to also use context dependant org-shiftup and org-shiftdown.
As we already have operations allowed directly in the agenda (change
priority etc.) this would not be an inconsistent behaviour.

For me this would save lots of keystrokes and also waiting time saving
the agenda reload time (which in my case is not insignificant).

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Rainer