* M-return = org-insert-heading in item list scrolls buffer down 1 line
@ 2013-11-11 15:41 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-11-11 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

these days I suddenly have the problem that after inserting a new list item with M-return the item is added correctly but the buffer scrolls down 1 line.
I am not sure if this is related to the latest org update done a few days ago.

Any idea how to stop this?

Ok, just before sending out I found the culprit:

I had set scroll-margin to "2".
Resetting to "0" solves the problem.

That might be a bug.

Rainer

* Re: M-return = org-insert-heading in item list scrolls buffer down 1 line
@ 2013-11-11 16:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-11 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> That might be a bug.

Did you re-compile Emacs recently?  This looks like a bug in the
display engine that I've noticed too a while ago.

--
 Bastien

* Re: M-return = org-insert-heading in item list scrolls buffer down 1 line
@ 2013-11-12 12:42   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-11-12 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 11.11.2013 17:58, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> That might be a bug.
>
> Did you re-compile Emacs recently?  This looks like a bug in the
> display engine that I've noticed too a while ago.

Hi Bastien,

no, I use "GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-14 on VBOX" sice several months.

Rainer