* An Org-mode-based blogging engine?
@ 2023-05-08  8:15 Marcin Borkowski
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2023-05-08  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello fellow Orgers,

I'm preparing to set up a new blog, and I'd like to have a fully
Org-mode-based workflow.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to do everything
- including publishing the posts - from within Emacs.

I know about things like "Org publish" and ox-hugo, though I never used
them - and there are probably others - but I'm asking specifically about
two things:

A. other people's experiences with similar workflows, and
B. tool/workflow recommendations.

Here are my requirements, in no particular order.

1. I want the blog to be fully static HTML+CSS, with a tiny sprinkling
of (my custom) JS.

2. I want to publish a whole set of HTML files from a single Org mode
file.  I will need to preserve internal links (so that I can link to
another headline and the result will be one post linking to another),
and of course I will need external links.  The blog will live on some
server I will have ssh access to, so for publishing it should be enough
to scp some files somewhere.

3. I want to be able to fully customize the HTML produced.  I want it to
be as simple as possible (but see below).  I will also need it to be put
in some kind of a template, so that every page will contain things like
a header, footer and a sidebar.

4. I am going, though, to need some custom "blocks" - in HTML parlance,
somehow in my Org source and get <div class="..."> and <span
class="...">.  Reusing existing markup (like _underline_, which I'm not
going to use) is not enough - I will need more than a dozen of those
custom classes.

Any thought, suggestions, recommendations?

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl