* eps inline
@ 2011-10-18  0:36 Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2011-10-18  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Hi!

I have the following in my org-mode file:

------------8<---------------------->8---------------------
#+LABEL: fig:gov-goal
#+CAPTION: Codes for category GovGoal
#+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[h!]
[[/home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/graphic/gov-goal.eps]]
-------------8<-------------------->8---------------------

And this in my .emacs

-------------8<---------------------->8-------------------
; Export to LaTeX
(setq org-export-latex-packages-alist
      '(("" "color")
	("" "hyperref")
        ("" "graphicx")
	("" "apacite")
	("" "tikz")))
-------------8<---------------------->8-----------------

The LaTeX file is generated, but the eps extension is not recognized
even though graphicx is in the preamble.  I use Ubuntu 11.10, Emacs 23
and AucTeX.

The failure happens when I press C-c C-c the latex compile command of AucTeX.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Henri-Paul

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine

Curriculum & Instruction
Texas A&M University
TutorFind Learning Centre

Email: hindiogine@gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://people.cehd.tamu.edu/~sindiogine

* Re: eps inline
@ 2011-10-18  2:03 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-10-18  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henri-Paul Indiogine; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-org

Henri-Paul Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have the following in my org-mode file:
>
> ------------8<---------------------->8---------------------
> #+LABEL: fig:gov-goal
> #+CAPTION: Codes for category GovGoal
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[h!]
> [[/home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/graphic/gov-goal.eps]]
> -------------8<-------------------->8---------------------
>
> And this in my .emacs
>
> -------------8<---------------------->8-------------------
> ; Export to LaTeX
> (setq org-export-latex-packages-alist
>       '(("" "color")
> 	("" "hyperref")
>         ("" "graphicx")
> 	("" "apacite")
> 	("" "tikz")))
> -------------8<---------------------->8-----------------
>
> The LaTeX file is generated, but the eps extension is not recognized
> even though graphicx is in the preamble.  I use Ubuntu 11.10, Emacs 23
> and AucTeX.
>
> The failure happens when I press C-c C-c the latex compile command of AucTeX.
>
> Any suggestions?

See this thread:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/46172

Nick

@ 2011-10-18  4:25   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2011-10-18  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-org

Greegins!

2011/10/17 Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>:
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/46172

From reading this thread I suspect that the problem is the older
version of TeXLive, which is still 2009 even in the latest Ubuntu.
For the time being I will convert to png using imagemagick.   Maybe I
can figure out how to get a newer version of TeXLive.

Thanks,
Henri-Paul

--

@ 2011-10-18  8:06     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-10-18  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henri-Paul Indiogine; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-org

Henri-Paul Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> writes:

> Greegins!
>
> 2011/10/17 Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>:
>>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/46172
>
>From reading this thread I suspect that the problem is the older
> version of TeXLive, which is still 2009 even in the latest Ubuntu.
> For the time being I will convert to png using imagemagick.   Maybe I
> can figure out how to get a newer version of TeXLive.

Until you get a chance to upgrade, I recommend converting the eps to pdf
(using epstopdf, say) instead of png as you will then retain the
scalable vector nature of the graphics.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.393.g8caa)