* insert picture feature request.
@ 2011-05-02 12:42 Piter_
From: Piter_ @ 2011-05-02 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.
I use org-mode for making note while reading articles.
Sometimes I want to insert picture into notes. Now it takes to much
time. I have to copy paste it into picture editor, save it and than
make a link to it.
I would like to do it in other way. Copy picture into clipboard (from
pdf reader for example), and than run a function in emacs which will
ask for file name, save the picture from clipboard into preset folder
and insert link into org file for it.
I have found those links.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1868734/how-to-copy-to-clipboard-with-x11
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3571179/how-does-x11-clipboard-handle-multiple-data-formats

About handling clipboard images from python.
I think it is possible to write a simple python script which can save
clipboard picture into file, and than some lisp function which do all
I described above using this script.
Unfortunately I dont know  python and lisp on level which allow me to
do it fast end easy. So I ask if someone can do it. I think it would
be useful addition for org-mode. May be even someone have implemented
it, or made another work arround  this problem.
Thanks.
Petro.
P.S. Sorry if you get two copies of request. I had some troubles with
sending it and may sent two versions of this mail.