An example of the problem: * headline-1 ** one of many headlines I want to remain folded... ** headline *** headline The point starts here. I set a mark on this line. Then I fold headline-1. This becomes invisible. * headline-2 I move the point here. After I'm done here, I want to go back to my mark. I do C-u C-space (pop-to-mark-command), but it doesn't go to the mark. Instead, it takes me to the end of the still folded headline-1. To get back to my mark without globally unfolding everything requires tediously unfolding each headline and sub-headline until the marked location is exposed. There are some other non-org commands that would have this same problem (isearch, bookmark-jump, save-place), but org-mode has code to fix them. org-mark-ring-goto also handles this. I followed those examples and wrote a patch. It is attached. - Ian Kelling