* Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-20 22:15 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-05-20 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry for the long title, but that's the summary! I fired up a fresh
Emacs session and used =C-a s search-term RET= to navigate to a
headline in the results by putting the cursor on the line and pressing
RET.

The file text was all black.

If I visited the file directly, I had the typical color-coded text for
headlines/keywords. I decided to replicate with a minimal config, and
I was able to. Here's the context of the min config:

#+begin_min-config
;; set load paths
;; set load dirs and global config options
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
#+end_min-config

This was on a work file, and I couldn't initially replicate with a
test file... but it appears it has to do with my header options.
Here's the test file:

#+begin_src org
#+setupfile: "~/org/aux/setupfile.org"
#+latex_header: \usepackage{lscape}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{amsmath}

* Test headline

Some paragraph just to give me a keyword to search for

** Sub headline

Some more text in the next headline
#+end_src

My process:
- emacs -Q
- M-x load-file RET ~/path/to/min-config RET
- C-x C-f /path/to/file.org RET
- C-c [ to add to agenda list
- C-x C-k RET to kill buffer
- M-x org-agenda RET s RET text RET
- Navigate to test.org matching line RET
- File looks like attached pic

I deleted everything but my #+setupfile line and it still does that.

Without any #+ options at the top of the file, it appears in color.

John

[-- Attachment #2: without-setupfile-color.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 39309 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: with-setupfile-line-bw.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 39809 bytes --]

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-20 22:34 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-05-20 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the long title, but that's the summary! I fired up a fresh
> Emacs session and used =C-a s search-term RET= to navigate to a
> headline in the results by putting the cursor on the line and pressing
> RET.
>
> The file text was all black.
>
> If I visited the file directly, I had the typical color-coded text for
> headlines/keywords. I decided to replicate with a minimal config, and
> I was able to. Here's the context of the min config:
>
> #+begin_min-config
> ;; set load paths
> ;; set load dirs and global config options
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
> #+end_min-config
>
> This was on a work file, and I couldn't initially replicate with a
> test file... but it appears it has to do with my header options.
> Here's the test file:
>
> #+begin_src org
> #+setupfile: "~/org/aux/setupfile.org"
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{lscape}
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{amsmath}
>
> * Test headline
>
> Some paragraph just to give me a keyword to search for
>
> ** Sub headline
>
> Some more text in the next headline
> #+end_src
>
> My process:
> - emacs -Q
> - M-x load-file RET ~/path/to/min-config RET
> - C-x C-f /path/to/file.org RET
> - C-c [ to add to agenda list
> - C-x C-k RET to kill buffer
> - M-x org-agenda RET s RET text RET
> - Navigate to test.org matching line RET
> - File looks like attached pic
>
> I deleted everything but my #+setupfile line and it still does that.
>
> Without any #+ options at the top of the file, it appears in color.
>

> John

As a follow up, if I directly visit the file first, it's in color.
Then, while still visiting the file, I run org-agenda s search-text
RET and navigate to where I want to go. This pops up the agenda panel
in place of the file until I select where I want to navigate. At this
point, we're still in color after going from agenda to the desired
location...

*But*, any headlines that weren't already unfolded (and shown in
color) remain in black and white. Additionally, if I change any of the
headlines that were in color, they change from fontified in color to
only black and white. I also have leading stars hidden; after editing
a headline they appear as well.

Thankfully, behavior seems normal at this point, so it's not like I'm
messing up my org file by working on it. It's just a bit jarring since
I'm so used to seeing it in color.

John

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-20 22:47 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-05-20 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the long title, but that's the summary! I fired up a fresh
> Emacs session and used =C-a s search-term RET= to navigate to a
> headline in the results by putting the cursor on the line and pressing
> RET.
>
> The file text was all black.
>
> If I visited the file directly, I had the typical color-coded text for
> headlines/keywords. I decided to replicate with a minimal config, and
> I was able to. Here's the context of the min config:
>
> #+begin_min-config
> ;; set load paths
> ;; set load dirs and global config options
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
> #+end_min-config
>
> This was on a work file, and I couldn't initially replicate with a
> test file... but it appears it has to do with my header options.
> Here's the test file:
>
> #+begin_src org
> #+setupfile: "~/org/aux/setupfile.org"
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{lscape}
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{amsmath}
>
> * Test headline
>
> Some paragraph just to give me a keyword to search for
>
> ** Sub headline
>
> Some more text in the next headline
> #+end_src
>
> My process:
> - emacs -Q
> - M-x load-file RET ~/path/to/min-config RET
> - C-x C-f /path/to/file.org RET
> - C-c [ to add to agenda list
> - C-x C-k RET to kill buffer
> - M-x org-agenda RET s RET text RET
> - Navigate to test.org matching line RET
> - File looks like attached pic
>
> I deleted everything but my #+setupfile line and it still does that.

Last bit of input -- when this behavior is displayed, if I C-c C-c on
my options block at the top of the file, it returns to fontified
behavior and stays that way (even if meddling with headlines). It
appears that navigating to a headline with various #+keyword lines is
not letting Org recognize something. Refreshing the setup seems to
handles this. This is on:

Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-139-g419b69 @
/home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)

Happy to try anything else or provide more info. For now, I think I've
made enough noise about this!

Thanks,
John

@ 2013-05-21  7:47   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-05-21  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi John,

John Hendy wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Sorry for the long title, but that's the summary! I fired up a fresh
>> Emacs session and used =C-a s search-term RET= to navigate to a
>> headline in the results by putting the cursor on the line and pressing
>> RET.
>>
>> The file text was all black.
>>
>> If I visited the file directly, I had the typical color-coded text for
>> headlines/keywords. I decided to replicate with a minimal config, and
>> I was able to. Here's the context of the min config:
>>
>> #+begin_min-config
>> ;; set load paths
>> ;; set load dirs and global config options
>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
>> #+end_min-config
>>
>> This was on a work file, and I couldn't initially replicate with a
>> test file... but it appears it has to do with my header options.
>> Here's the test file:
>>
>> #+begin_src org
>> #+setupfile: "~/org/aux/setupfile.org"
>> #+latex_header: \usepackage{lscape}
>> #+latex_header: \usepackage{amsmath}
>>
>> * Test headline
>>
>> Some paragraph just to give me a keyword to search for
>>
>> ** Sub headline
>>
>> Some more text in the next headline
>> #+end_src
>>
>> My process:
>> - emacs -Q
>> - M-x load-file RET ~/path/to/min-config RET
>> - C-x C-f /path/to/file.org RET
>> - C-c [ to add to agenda list
>> - C-x C-k RET to kill buffer
>> - M-x org-agenda RET s RET text RET
>> - Navigate to test.org matching line RET
>> - File looks like attached pic
>>
>> I deleted everything but my #+setupfile line and it still does that.
>
> Last bit of input -- when this behavior is displayed, if I C-c C-c on
> my options block at the top of the file, it returns to fontified
> behavior and stays that way (even if meddling with headlines). It
> appears that navigating to a headline with various #+keyword lines is
> not letting Org recognize something. Refreshing the setup seems to
> handles this. This is on:
>
> Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-139-g419b69 @
> /home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)
>
> Happy to try anything else or provide more info. For now, I think I've
> made enough noise about this!
>
>> Without any #+ options at the top of the file, it appears in color.

End of last week, after updating Org, I also got lots of fontification
troubles inside Org buffers, but as well in more places (Gnus, in particular).

I restarted Emacs many, many times, used Org in different contexts, and
problems did always appear after some time (a couple of minutes, generally).

I did check out an older version of Org, and all the highlighting problems are
gone.

Currently used version: Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-114-gab3f45 @
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/).

I did not have time yet to bisect the problem, but it _seems_ to be a newly
introduced feature.

Maybe you can try to check out older versions (< 10 days ago), and see whether
you can replicate your problem?

Best regards,
Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-21 10:25     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-05-21 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sébastien and John,

"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> I did not have time yet to bisect the problem, but it _seems_ to be a newly
> introduced feature.

Can you check if the problems persist *before* this commit?

http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=b83c03

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-22 13:02       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-05-22 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban

Am 21.05.2013 12:25, schrieb Bastien:

> Hi Sébastien and John,
>
> "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
> writes:
>
>> I did not have time yet to bisect the problem, but it _seems_ to be a newly
>> introduced feature.
>
> Can you check if the problems persist *before* this commit?
>
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=b83c03

Hi all,

today I updated from master and same issue here. Switching from agenda to org buffer removes colors.
How can I switch to b83c03. I get an error following the url you provided.

Rainer

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-22 15:04         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-05-22 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Am 22.05.2013 15:02, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 21.05.2013 12:25, schrieb Bastien:
>>

>> Hi Sébastien and John,
>>
>> "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
>> writes:
>>
>>> I did not have time yet to bisect the problem, but it _seems_ to be a newly
>>> introduced feature.
>>
>> Can you check if the problems persist *before* this commit?
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=b83c03
>>
> Hi all,
>
> today I updated from master and same issue here. Switching from agenda to org buffer removes colors.
> How can I switch to b83c03. I get an error following the url you provided.
>
> Rainer

Bastien,

I switched to
commit 838e421bf53c2ae41e6321d363fd0e8b85eb3c32
and the colors are back again.

Rainer

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23  7:55           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-05-23  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele
  Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> I switched to
> commit 838e421bf53c2ae41e6321d363fd0e8b85eb3c32
> and the colors are back again.

Thanks all for testing/bisecting this.

I'll investigate -- in the meantime, could you just let me know what
version of Emacs do you use?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23  8:19             ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-05-23  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Am 23.05.2013 09:55, schrieb Bastien:
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> I switched to
>> commit 838e421bf53c2ae41e6321d363fd0e8b85eb3c32
>> and the colors are back again.
>
> Thanks all for testing/bisecting this.
>
> I'll investigate -- in the meantime, could you just let me know what
> version of Emacs do you use?

GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-14 on VBOX

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23  9:15             ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-05-23  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Bastien,

My bisect says:

b83c0309a7ecb86251451557a12e451fe9f93b11 is the first bad commit
commit b83c0309a7ecb86251451557a12e451fe9f93b11
Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
Date:   Thu May 16 10:33:32 2013 +0200

    Fix handling of setup file wrt setting tags

    * org.el (org-set-regexps-and-options-for-tags): Return a list
    with tag-related variables.
    (org-set-regexps-and-options): Append tags from a setup file
    to the local tags of the file.
    (org-agenda-prepare-buffers): Set tags from a setup file by
    calling `org-set-regexps-and-options' when necessary.

    Thanks to Anupam Sengupta for reporting this.

My recipe for testing good/bad is:

1. Start Emacs
2. `C-c a a'
3. Open my `work.org' file
4. Check whether it's colored or black&white only...

>> I switched to commit 838e421 and the colors are back again.

Same for me...

> I'll investigate -- in the meantime, could you just let me know what
> version of Emacs do you use?

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200) of 2013-04-08 on LEG570

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23  9:42               ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2013-05-23  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Bastien

Thanks for investigating.

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Vauban
<sva-news@mygooglest.com> wrote:

> My bisect says:
> b83c0309a7ecb86251451557a12e451fe9f93b11 is the first bad commit

Same here.

>> I'll investigate -- in the meantime, could you just let me know what
>> version of Emacs do you use?

All that I tested show the issue:
GNU Emacs 23.3.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
GNU Emacs 24.1.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
GNU Emacs 24.2.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
GNU Emacs 24.3.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)

Michael

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23 10:07                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-05-23 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: Org Mode

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

>> My bisect says:
>> b83c0309a7ecb86251451557a12e451fe9f93b11 is the first bad commit
>
> Same here.

Thanks for confirming.

Does it make a difference whether the file has a #+setupfile
directive or not?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23 10:16                   ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2013-05-23 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Bastien

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Does it make a difference whether the file has a #+setupfile
> directive or not?

The issue disappears when I remove #+setupfile as I "expected". Sorry,
I forgot to mention that the
(when (search-forward "#+setupfile" nil t)
looked suspicious to me when I looked at the commit.

Michael

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-23 10:45                     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-05-23 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: Bastien, Org Mode

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Michael Brand
<michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bastien
>
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Does it make a difference whether the file has a #+setupfile
>> directive or not?
>
> The issue disappears when I remove #+setupfile as I "expected". Sorry,
> I forgot to mention that the
> (when (search-forward "#+setupfile" nil t)
> looked suspicious to me when I looked at the commit.

Confirmed: if I remove the setupfile line, everything seems alright.

John

@ 2013-05-26 21:12                       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-05-26 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: Bastien, Michael Brand, Org Mode

Am 23.05.2013 12:45, schrieb John Hendy:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Michael Brand
> <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Bastien
>>
>> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>>> Does it make a difference whether the file has a #+setupfile
>>> directive or not?
>>
>> The issue disappears when I remove #+setupfile as I "expected". Sorry,
>> I forgot to mention that the
>> (when (search-forward "#+setupfile" nil t)
>> looked suspicious to me when I looked at the commit.
>
> Confirmed: if I remove the setupfile line, everything seems alright.
>
> John
>

>> Michael

Bastien,

any chance to get that bug resolved? I did not upgrade org since the
commit introducing it.

Thanks,
Rainer

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-05-27  7:00                         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-05-27  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: Michael Brand, Org Mode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> any chance to get that bug resolved? I did not upgrade org since the
> commit introducing it.

Yes, it is on top of my list, I was away from computer for a while,
but I'll tackle this ASAP.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-12 17:54                           ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-06-12 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

Just wanted to follow up on this. I haven't been using =C-a s= a ton
so it drifted off my radar, but recently needed to use it a lot and
noticed this was still persisting.

Thanks!
John

@ 2013-06-12 21:08                             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-12 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

Hi John,

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> Just wanted to follow up on this. I haven't been using =C-a s= a ton
> so it drifted off my radar, but recently needed to use it a lot and
> noticed this was still persisting.

... it's still on my radar too, I've just been overwhelmed by work
and other stuff.  I should have more time next week, sorry for the
delay.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-12 21:45                             ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-06-12 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: Bastien, Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

I don't know if this is related, but I had issues with org-mouse not
working on Org files that I load with find-file-noselect in .emacs.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-21 12:26                               ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-06-21 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Brand, Org Mode

Am 12.06.2013 23:08, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi John,
>
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Just wanted to follow up on this. I haven't been using =C-a s= a ton
>> so it drifted off my radar, but recently needed to use it a lot and
>> noticed this was still persisting.
>
> ... it's still on my radar too, I've just been overwhelmed by work
> and other stuff.  I should have more time next week, sorry for the
> delay.

Bastien,

I pulled today and as expected am without colors.
Any chance to get this solved any time soon?
I wonder if there are not a many more users having the issue ..

Thanks,
Rainer

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-25 15:09                                 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-06-25 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: Bastien, Michael Brand, Org Mode

I didn't see an announcement that this was fixed... but I just pulled
yesterday afternoon and it does appear to be fixed. I haven't changed
.emacs and on fresh session with =C-a s word RET=, everything looks
great.

Just wanted to report my experience as feedback.

Thanks!
John

@ 2013-06-25 15:43                                   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-06-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: Bastien, Michael Brand, Org Mode

John,

I pulled and am at

commit ec8f3f987ec46044975557a352dd491f107ff60b
Merge: d3ef263 95b16b1
Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Jun 25 09:33:39 2013 +0200

but cannot find any improvement.
Bringing back the #+SETUPFILE option leaves me without colors ..

Cheers,
Rainer

@ 2013-06-25 15:43                               ` Nicolas Richard
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-06-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>> Just wanted to follow up on this. I haven't been using =C-a s= a ton
>> so it drifted off my radar, but recently needed to use it a lot and
>> noticed this was still persisting.
>
> ... it's still on my radar too, I've just been overwhelmed by work
> and other stuff.  I should have more time next week, sorry for the
> delay.

I just noticed this thread, which i think reports exactly the issue I
reported here [this thread was before, but the title didn't catch my
eyes -- sorry about that] <87zjuv2r79.fsf@yahoo.fr> and more or less
"fixed" here <87bo7ati0m.fsf@yahoo.fr> (not sent as a patch because I'm
unsure about it)

Meanwhile, John Hendy reported that the issue is resolved for him, so
maybe I notice the thread too late to be useful, otoh I don't see which
commit solved the problem, so maybe luck is involved in his resolution.

--
Nico.

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-25 15:52                                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-25 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Richard; +Cc: Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

Nicolas Richard <theonewiththeevillook@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Meanwhile, John Hendy reported that the issue is resolved for him, so
> maybe I notice the thread too late to be useful, otoh I don't see which
> commit solved the problem, so maybe luck is involved in his resolution.

Well, I'm really curious to see if affected users can confirm it is
solved... I didn't have time to fix it, and I'd be glad Luck did it
for me!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-25 15:53                                     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-06-25 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: Bastien, Michael Brand, Org Mode

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Rainer Stengele
<rainer.stengele@online.de> wrote:
> John,
>
> I pulled and am at
>
> commit ec8f3f987ec46044975557a352dd491f107ff60b
> Merge: d3ef263 95b16b1
> Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
> Date:   Tue Jun 25 09:33:39 2013 +0200
>
> but cannot find any improvement.
> Bringing back the #+SETUPFILE option leaves me without colors ..

Oh boy. Somehow I commented out my #+setupfile line in my main .org
file without remembering doing so. What a goof up on my part. Sorry
for the noise; I confirm it's still a problem. Re-adding it brings
back the issue.

John

@ 2013-06-26  2:01                                   ` Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2013-06-26  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Nicolas Richard, Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

I pulled and tested around 8:00 AM EDT today (because I let myself get so far behind on commits that I couldn't tell if a fix had been pushed or not) and the problem still existed at that time.

@ 2013-06-26  2:36                                     ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2013-06-26  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I had lost colors in some modes for some weeks (helm, wl) and yesterday with an updated org they came back. So for me it's fixed.

El Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:01:43 -0400 Mike McLean va escriure:

@ 2013-06-26  2:42                                       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-06-26  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 25, 2013 9:36 PM, "Daniel Clemente" <n142857@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had lost colors in some modes for some weeks (helm, wl) and yesterday
with an updated org they came back. So for me it's fixed.

Do you have a #+setupfile  entry in your file?

John

@ 2013-06-26  3:56                                         ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2013-06-26  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

El Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:42:39 -0500 John Hendy va escriure:

> On Jun 25, 2013 9:36 PM, "Daniel Clemente" <n142857@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I had lost colors in some modes for some weeks (helm, wl) and yesterday with an updated org they
> came back. So for me it's fixed.
>
> Do you have a #+setupfile  entry in your file?

I had a #+setupfile in 6 of the .org files that make up my agenda. In addition, I always did this:
  emacsclient -n --eval '(org-agenda-list)'
after opening emacs --daemon so that all files be opened and the agenda be prepared.

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-06-26  9:44                                 ` Nicolas Richard
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-06-26  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Michael Brand, Rainer Stengele, Org Mode

Nicolas Richard <theonewiththeevillook@yahoo.fr> writes:
> I just noticed this thread, which i think reports exactly the issue I
> reported here [this thread was before, but the title didn't catch my
> eyes -- sorry about that] <87zjuv2r79.fsf@yahoo.fr> and more or less
> "fixed" here <87bo7ati0m.fsf@yahoo.fr> (not sent as a patch because I'm
> unsure about it)

s/patch/commit/

Let me make that a commit anyway -- I've had no problem with it since I
applied it to my tree and maybe it's easier for you to review. HTH :

From e7e9946235df776cf9b8998ff80116d06597668e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Nicolas Richard <theonewiththeevillook@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:23:43 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Move (org-set-font-lock-defaults) from
 (org-set-regexps-and-options) to (org-mode)

* lisp/org.el (org-set-regexps-and-options): don't set font-lock defaults here.
(org-mode): set them here.

This fixes the bug mentionned in [[gnus:nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.orgmode#87zjuv2r79.fsf@yahoo.fr]]
---
 lisp/org.el | 4 ++--

diff --git a/lisp/org.el b/lisp/org.el
index f55c53e..7fd1576 100644
--- a/lisp/org.el
+++ b/lisp/org.el
@@ -5146,8 +5146,7 @@ Support for group tags is controlled by the option
 	    (mapcar (lambda (w) (substring w 0 -1))
 		    (list org-scheduled-string org-deadline-string
 			  org-clock-string org-closed-string)))
-      (org-compute-latex-and-related-regexp)
-      (org-set-font-lock-defaults))))
+      (org-compute-latex-and-related-regexp))))

 (defun org-file-contents (file &optional noerror)
   "Return the contents of FILE, as a string."
@@ -5331,6 +5330,7 @@ The following commands are available:
     (setq buffer-display-table org-display-table))
   (org-set-regexps-and-options-for-tags)
   (org-set-regexps-and-options)
+  (org-set-font-lock-defaults)
   (when (and org-tag-faces (not org-tags-special-faces-re))
     ;; tag faces set outside customize.... force initialization.
     (org-set-tag-faces 'org-tag-faces org-tag-faces))
--
1.8.1.5

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-07-03 11:12   ` Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2013-07-03 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Good Morning

Did you ever find a resolution for this? I am experiencing very similar, né
identical, symptoms.

Mike

@ 2013-07-03 13:07     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-03 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike McLean; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mike,

Mike McLean <mike.mclean@pobox.com> writes:

> Did you ever find a resolution for this? I am experiencing very
> similar, né identical, symptoms.

I applied Nicolas' patch from this thread.

Thanks for the heads up,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Starting emacs followed directly by org-agenda search and visiting file removes color formatting
@ 2013-07-04 20:26       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-07-04 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Mike McLean

Am 03.07.2013 15:07, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike McLean <mike.mclean@pobox.com> writes:
>
>> Did you ever find a resolution for this? I am experiencing very
>> similar, né identical, symptoms.
>
> I applied Nicolas' patch from this thread.
>
> Thanks for the heads up,

Confirmd: works as before!

Thanks!