From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Scot Becker <scot03@streetgreek.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Footnotes and org-export, revisited
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:31:26 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Scot,

thanks for your detailed and thoughtful post.

On second consideration,  I really like the proposal Matt
made back then, and I even like more that there is already
code to do this conversion.  A quick look at Paul's code
indicates that

    (add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook
    	     'muse-build-list-of-footnotes)

should be enough to get his code and footnote format
working in Org-mode.  The only inconsistency would
currently be caused by trees that are marked archive
or comment, because any footnotes defined in such
trees would currently still be published as well.  But
that could be solved by a new hook called after
these trees have been removed from the temporary buffer.

If Paul agrees, and if he has signed the papers with the FSF,
we can integrate his code into Org-mode.

- Carsten