From: "Andreas Röhler" <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de>
To: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: org-babel header documentation
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:17:24 +0100	[thread overview]

Am 26.03.2013 16:35, schrieb Eric Schulte:
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Andreas Röhler
>> <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> while digging through the org-babel stuff, which is quite exiting, have some
>>> difficulties to grasp the functionality of different header arguments.
>>>
>>> Info 14.8 Header arguments
>>>
>>> is useful so far. Still miss an explanation the way
>>>
>>> Setting X to Y will cause....
>>>
>>> Maybe missing the right spot still?
>>
>> I tend to agree. I typically just follow the matching tutorial for
>> whatever language I'm using and stick to it... but I don't always
>> understand (like why I need =:results output graphics= in R vs. just
>> output). Perhaps you could inquire about a particular header setting,
>> someone could respond, and you could add the info to Worg somewhere
>> (something like a "layman's guide to header arguments")?
>>

> The evolution of the code block functionality over the years has been
> driven almost exclusively by this mailing list.  The best way to find
> the reasoning behind any particular baroque combination of header
> arguments is to search through the archives of this list.
>
> Sadly we don't do a good enough job of ensuring that the content
> generated here makes its way to Worg.  I'm certainly guilty of this
> myself, but there are only so many hours in the day.

Hi Eric,

thanks a lot BTW for all you've done.

What about to have a list editable for all interested
w/ comments to all header args in alphabetical order?

Might participate and write it down the way it's understood.
You and others may correct it on the fly.

Maybe someone starts a headers.org in Worg?

Andreas