* thank you !!
@ 2013-02-22 12:14 Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2013-02-22 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello org world,

I have silently used org-mode for quite a while, but now comes the time
when I need some help. I must say it feels a bit like the smallest
shareholder taking the mic in front of a big meeting, so I figured it
would be nice to first say the obvious:

THANK YOU !!!

I use org in part thanks to the immense flexibility of the tool, and in
part thanks to the wonderfull sharing habit in the community.

Org is such a flexible beast that it can be daunting for a newcomer to
start using it. But thanks to that sharing habit, getting things done
with org has just been a matter of finding the wizzards who work mostly
like I do and have shared their configuration. I just then had to tweak
the small bits to make it fell like home.

So a big thanks to all of you: developpers, community, wizzards,... it
is a real pleasure to be (even a small) part of this whole thing.

Thanks for reading, now I can ask my questions in the next message :-)
--
Rémi

* Re: thank you !!
@ 2013-02-22 13:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-22 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rémi Letot; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

hobbes@poukram.net (Rémi Letot) writes:

> So a big thanks to all of you: developpers, community, wizzards,... it
> is a real pleasure to be (even a small) part of this whole thing.

Welcome!

--
 Bastien

* Re: thank you !!
@ 2013-02-22 17:58 ` Andrew M. Nuxoll
From: Andrew M. Nuxoll @ 2013-02-22 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I gotta echo this sentiment.  What a great tool! :)

On 02/22/2013 04:14 AM, Rémi Letot wrote:
> Hello org world,
>
> I have silently used org-mode for quite a while, but now comes the time
> when I need some help. I must say it feels a bit like the smallest
> shareholder taking the mic in front of a big meeting, so I figured it
> would be nice to first say the obvious:
>
> THANK YOU !!!
>
> I use org in part thanks to the immense flexibility of the tool, and in
> part thanks to the wonderfull sharing habit in the community.
>
> Org is such a flexible beast that it can be daunting for a newcomer to
> start using it. But thanks to that sharing habit, getting things done
> with org has just been a matter of finding the wizzards who work mostly
> like I do and have shared their configuration. I just then had to tweak
> the small bits to make it fell like home.
>
> So a big thanks to all of you: developpers, community, wizzards,... it
> is a real pleasure to be (even a small) part of this whole thing.
>
> Thanks for reading, now I can ask my questions in the next message :-)

--
Andrew M. Nuxoll                     Phone: 503-943-7688
Asst Professor of Computer Science   Fax:   503-943-7316

* Thank you!
@ 2016-06-14 13:33 Gyro Funch
From: Gyro Funch @ 2016-06-14 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have recently adopted org-mode for both task lists and technical
writing and wanted to express my sincere thanks to the creator,
developers, and maintainers for such a wonderful piece of software.

Keep up the great work!

-gyro

* Re: Thank you!
@ 2016-09-08  0:00 ` Jorge
From: Jorge @ 2016-09-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gyro Funch; +Cc: org mode

On 14 June 2016 at 10:33, Gyro Funch <gyromagnetic@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently adopted org-mode for both task lists and technical
> writing and wanted to express my sincere thanks to the creator,
> developers, and maintainers for such a wonderful piece of software.
>
> Keep up the great work!

[Resurrecting this thread]
I also am a happy user.  Emacs and Org are useful and fun to use.

When the Brazilian Real gains a little value, I plan to ask on this
mailing list how to donate.

--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.

* THANK YOU!
@ 2017-06-17  4:42 edgar
From: edgar @ 2017-06-17  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just want to thank everyone. I really appreciate all the effort that
everyone has put into making Emacs and Org-mode. I may be in love with
this software!

Edgar

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

* Re: THANK YOU!
@ 2017-07-03  5:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2017-07-03  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edgar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Edgar,

edgar@openmail.cc writes:

> I just want to thank everyone. I really appreciate all the effort that
> everyone has put into making Emacs and Org-mode. I may be in love with
> this software!

Thanks for sharing the good vibes!

--
 Bastien