* org 8.0 and new exporter ETA?
@ 2013-02-12  9:10 Julian Burgos
From: Julian Burgos @ 2013-02-12  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org List

Dear org-people,

First of all, my thanks to everyone who contributes to this project!  My
(digital) life orbits around org-mode now.
I am very happy with my current emacs/org-mode set up, but (being a
permanent tinkerer) I am planning to do some relatively important
changes, in particular in relationship with exporting to LaTex.  I would
like to do this after org 8.0 is out with the new exporter. Do we have a
rough idea of when it will be "officially" out?  It is a matter of
weeks, or months?
Many thanks for the answer,

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute

* Re: org 8.0 and new exporter ETA?
@ 2013-02-12 10:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-12 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Burgos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org List

Dear Julian,

Julian Burgos <julian@hafro.is> writes:

> First of all, my thanks to everyone who contributes to this project!  My
> (digital) life orbits around org-mode now.

:)

> I am very happy with my current emacs/org-mode set up, but (being a
> permanent tinkerer) I am planning to do some relatively important changes,
> in particular in relationship with exporting to LaTex.  I would like to do
> this after org 8.0 is out with the new exporter. Do we have a rough idea of
> when it will be "officially" out?  It is a matter of weeks, or months?
> Many thanks for the answer,

If we get enough testing against current HEAD of the master branch in
our git repository, I'd say it's a matter of weeks.

In any case, I don't want to delay the release beyond end of March,
as I won't have enough time to dedicate to Org past this date.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: org 8.0 and new exporter ETA?