* Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 10:25 Xavier Garrido
From: Xavier Garrido @ 2013-01-14 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi orgmoders,

I am looking for a simple way to SEND all org tables in a given document
to their RECEIVER counterparts. Of course, I can go through the whole
document and do `org-table-send` one-by-one but I would like to do it
without opening the document and for all tables at the same time. Is
there a way ?

Thanks for your help and advices,
Xavier

* Re: Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 12:24 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-01-14 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:25:27AM +0100, Xavier Garrido wrote:
> Hi orgmoders,
>
> I am looking for a simple way to SEND all org tables in a given document to
> their RECEIVER counterparts. Of course, I can go through the whole document
> and do `org-table-send` one-by-one but I would like to do it without opening
> the document and for all tables at the same time. Is there a way ?
>
> Thanks for your help and advices,

I do not see any other way but writing some elisp code of your own.  It
should be simple to do, I think.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 12:56 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-01-14 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 14 jan. 2013, at 11:25, Xavier Garrido <xavier.garrido@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi orgmoders,
>
> I am looking for a simple way to SEND all org tables in a given document to their RECEIVER counterparts. Of course, I can go through the whole document and do `org-table-send` one-by-one but I would like to do it without opening the document and for all tables at the same time. Is there a way ?
>
> Thanks for your help and advices,
> Xavier

Hi Xavier,

this should do the trick (untested):

(defun my-org-send-all-tables ()
   (interactive)
   (org-table-map-tables
      (lambda () (orgtbl-send-table 'maybe))))

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 13:03   ` Garrido Xavier
From: Garrido Xavier @ 2013-01-14 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Xavier Garrido, emacs-orgmode

It works perfectly ! Thanks a lot.

--

  |__     GARRIDO Xavier       Laboratoire de l'Accélérateur Linéaire
   /\     NEMO                 Université Paris-Sud 11
  /--\    garrido@lal.in2p3.fr UMR 8607
  |       garrido@in2p3.fr     Batiment 200
  |__     +33 1.64.46.84.28    91898 Orsay Cedex, France

* Re: Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 13:03   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-01-14 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:25:27AM +0100, Xavier Garrido wrote:
>> Hi orgmoders,
>>
>> I am looking for a simple way to SEND all org tables in a given document to
>> their RECEIVER counterparts. Of course, I can go through the whole document
>> and do `org-table-send` one-by-one but I would like to do it without opening
>> the document and for all tables at the same time. Is there a way ?
>>
>> Thanks for your help and advices,
>
> I do not see any other way

There is a way

> but writing some elisp code of your own.

Why not have Emacs write it for you?  You dictate and Emacs will type
out the elisp code.

> It should be simple to do, I think.

Not simpler than resorting to macros.

Here is how.  Just hints.  OP should help himself.

Begin macro, do stuff, end macro,

        C-x (, do stuff, C-x )

Execute macro
        C-x e

Or provide a local, on-the-move binding and execute it.
        C-x C-k b

Name the macro and store it as a command in your .emacs.
        C-x C-k n, M-x insert-kbd-macro

Run the stored macro from batch script  (Hint: C-h v org-export-as-html-batch)
       emacs --batch --load=~/MyInitStuff.el --visit=MyFile --funcall MyNamedMacro"

For help with jumping to relevant Info portions, do

        C-h K C-x (
        C-h K C-x C-k n

(Note the CAPITAL `K' above)

* Re: Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 13:09     ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-01-14 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Xavier Garrido

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 06:33:48PM +0530, Jambunathan K wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Not simpler than resorting to macros.

Indeed, macros are indeed more appropriate in this case.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Automagically send all org table
@ 2013-01-14 13:58     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-01-14 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:25:27AM +0100, Xavier Garrido wrote:
>>> Hi orgmoders,
>>>
>>> I am looking for a simple way to SEND all org tables in a given document to
>>> their RECEIVER counterparts. Of course, I can go through the whole document
>>> and do `org-table-send` one-by-one but I would like to do it without opening
>>> the document and for all tables at the same time. Is there a way ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help and advices,
>>
>> I do not see any other way
>
> There is a way
>
>> but writing some elisp code of your own.
>
> Why not have Emacs write it for you?  You dictate and Emacs will type
> out the elisp code.
>
>> It should be simple to do, I think.
>
> Not simpler than resorting to macros.
>
> Here is how.  Just hints.  OP should help himself.

Here is what I (or rather Emacs) came up with.  The Elisp snippet has
control characters, so see the attachment.

[-- Attachment #2: send-table.el --]

Put that in to your .emacs or C-x C-e it.

Then, if you know that your file has no more than N (say 100) tables, do

C-x C-f myfile.html
C-u 100 M-x send-table RET

You are done.

@ 2013-01-14 14:07       ` Garrido Xavier