* Ignoring empty subtrees/new exporter
@ 2013-01-05 19:36 Florian Beck
From: Florian Beck @ 2013-01-05 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a document with many sections not yet written (i.e. heading
without content) and I would like them to be ignored in the exported
file. I know, I could manually tag these headings with :noexport:, but
what about a more automated approach?

Now, I tried this:

   (defun ignore-empty-section (headline contents info)
     (when contents
       (org-e-latex-headline headline contents info)))

   (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-translate-alist
   '(headline . ignore-empty-section))

This does ALMOST what I want: it ignores sections that are completely
empty. But I also want to ignore sections that have only empty
subsections (and so on, recursively). For example:

* Chapter
** this subtree should be ignored
*** no content
*** no content
** this subtree should not be ignored
*** subsection
**** finally, content
something weird
*** subsection

Any ideas? I tried parsing the HEADLINE stuff (the first argument), but
it looks a bit intimidating.

It's not super important, because it's a draft obviously, but it would
be nice.

Thanks,
Florian