* orgmode and web publishing: good menu system ?
@ 2011-06-27  9:28 Sander Boer
From: Sander Boer @ 2011-06-27  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I'm researching a way to use org for my web publishing needs and thanks
to worg I have a good system already.

However, I'm missing a good way to bind the various pages together, a
nice navigation system. Nothing too fancy (but very goodlooking), a nice
topbar.

Does anybody have some good tips in this regard ?

thanks.
--
Sander Boer

* Re: orgmode and web publishing: good menu system ?
@ 2011-06-27 11:16 ` Pierre de Buyl
From: Pierre de Buyl @ 2011-06-27 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sander Boer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Are you using the "project" system already ? (as seen here http://
orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html )

If so, you can specify a menu in the ":html-preamble " setting.
Here's mine, as an example
	:html-preamble "
"

Then, all the pages of that project will include that at the
beginning of the page. You are welcome to check the result on http://
homepages.ulb.ac.be/~pdebuyl/
You can style this menu via an additional css.

Cheers,

Pierre

@ 2011-06-27 13:42   ` Sander Boer
From: Sander Boer @ 2011-06-27 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Pierre,

I did use that page to set up my system, but I think I either stopped
reading after the publish step, or a bunch of extra info's been added
quite recently. First option souds like me I'm a total tl;dr kinda guy.

Your system and css will be studied, thanks a lot !

--
Sander Boer

A few hours grace before the madness begins again.