* Birthdays, org-contacts and agenda filters - a bug?
@ 2012-07-22 11:07 Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-07-22 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have a working setup for birthdays from org-contacts in my default agenda.

However I use split work/private agendas which are discerned using
org-agenda-tag-filter-preset. As it happens, my birthday heading does
not inherit its tags (from FILETAGS) as I intend; I even tried this:

* BDays :private:
%%(org-contacts-anniversaries "BIRTHDAY" "%y %h :private:")

to give it its "private" tag so it shows in the private agenda. No
success so far - although the tag is _not_ displayed in the agenda,
neither as tag nor as headline, indicating there is some processing.

An alternate approach might be altering the agenda filters but given my
split agenda goal I don't know how. My target agenda is:

	("p" "private agenda" agenda ""
		 ((org-agenda-span 40)
		  (org-agenda-tag-filter-preset '("+private"))
		  (org-agenda-hide-tags-regexp "private")
		  (org-agenda-compact-blocks t)
		  ))

The only thing really happening is tags filtering - but that seems
incompatible with %%() agenda entries. Maybe this is a bug?

I appreciate any idea (that retains my two agenda setup).

Cheers,

Simon