* [ Bug] tsia-{up, down} sorting strategy not working for tags search agendas
@ 2014-09-22 21:08 Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2014-09-22 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have the following agendas (among others) defined:
("x" "Last worked" ((alltodo "" (                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                (org-agenda-sticky nil)
                (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tsia-up todo-state-down)))))))
("y" "Last worked2" ((tags "LastWorked={.+}" (
(org-agenda-sticky nil)
                (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tsia-up todo-state-down)))))))

I have a property defined in headlines that have been worked on:
                :PROPERTIES:
                :LastWorked: [2014-09-02 Tue 16:02]
                :END:

TODOs etc that have not been worked yet don't have this property.

The top search ("x") creates an agenda with items with a LastWorked property sorted with the least recent first, down to most recent, followed by any items with the LastWorked property unset sorted by todo-state.

The bottom search ("y") creates an agenda with only items with LastWorked property set (which I want) but completely ignores the tsia-up sorting strategy and sorts only by todo-state.

I have confirmed that org-agenda-sorting-strategy-selected is correct in both cases.
The only difference is the agenda type (tags vs alltodo)

Any ideas where to look for this ?

Subhan Michael Tindall
Program Analyst - FamilyCare Health Plans
825 NE Multnomah St, Suite 1400; Portland OR 97232
Direct: 503-471-3127
Fax:      503-471-3177
Email:  subhant@familycareinc.org<mailto:subhant@familycareinc.org>
[Email-Signature-Logos June 20143]

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

[-- Attachment #2: image001.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 30469 bytes --]

* Re: [ Bug] tsia-{up, down} sorting strategy not working for tags search agendas
@ 2014-09-23  7:56 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-09-23  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Subhan Michael Tindall wrote:
> I have the following agendas (among others) defined:
> ("x" "Last worked" ((alltodo "" ( (org-agenda-sticky nil)
>                 (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tsia-up todo-state-down)))))))
> ("y" "Last worked2" ((tags "LastWorked={.+}" (
> (org-agenda-sticky nil)
>                 (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tsia-up todo-state-down)))))))
>
> I have a property defined in headlines that have been worked on:
>                 :PROPERTIES:
>                 :LastWorked: [2014-09-02 Tue 16:02]
>                 :END:
>
> TODOs etc that have not been worked yet don't have this property.
>
> The top search ("x") creates an agenda with items with a LastWorked property
> sorted with the least recent first, down to most recent, followed by any items
> with the LastWorked property unset sorted by todo-state.
>
> The bottom search ("y") creates an agenda with only items with LastWorked
> property set (which I want) but completely ignores the tsia-up sorting strategy
> and sorts only by todo-state.
>
> I have confirmed that org-agenda-sorting-strategy-selected is correct in both cases.
> The only difference is the agenda type (tags vs alltodo)
>
> Any ideas where to look for this ?

I guess it's directly linked to a problem I reported last
September. This is indeed annoying...

See issue #29 on http://orgmode.org/worg/org-issues.html (and see the
pointed thread).

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [ Bug] tsia-{up, down} sorting strategy not working for tags search agendas
@ 2014-09-23 16:34   ` Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2014-09-23 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Sebastien Vauban', emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Indeed, it does appear to be the same issue.  I assuming no progress on fixing it?
I guess that leaves me with two workarounds (suitable for my purposes anyway):
Use the "alltodo" search type and either
A) write a customized skip function to exclude any entries without a 'LastWorked' property entry
Or
B) write a customized sort so that empty entries sort to the bottom, not the top (possibly in both directions IE
ABCDEEEEE for tsia-up, DCBAEEEEE for tsia-down
Either of these will get me what I want.  I'm a reasonably competent programmer, a minimal elisper, and have almost no familiarity with the org code.  Any suggestions on which of these would be easier or more straightforward?
I did take a look through the code to see if I could sort this out myself, but couldn't really make heads or tails of it.

@ 2015-02-16 22:03   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-02-16 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> I guess it's directly linked to a problem I reported last
> September. This is indeed annoying...
>
> See issue #29 on http://orgmode.org/worg/org-issues.html (and see the
> pointed thread).

This isssue seems fixed. Can you confirm it?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ Bug] tsia-{up, down} sorting strategy not working for tags search agendas
@ 2015-02-17 10:58     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-02-17 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> I guess it's directly linked to a problem I reported last
>> September. This is indeed annoying...
>>
>> See issue #29 on http://orgmode.org/worg/org-issues.html (and see the
>> pointed thread).
>
> This isssue seems fixed. Can you confirm it?

Yes, I do.  Thanks!

PS- If there was just one other issue I'd like to see resolved from that
list, it's #27, but (IIRC) it will be part of a change you'll make to
fontify the Org buffer from the parser info, right?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [ Bug] tsia-{up, down} sorting strategy not working for tags search agendas
@ 2015-02-17 11:12       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-02-17 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

writes:

> PS- If there was just one other issue I'd like to see resolved from that
> list, it's #27, but (IIRC) it will be part of a change you'll make to
> fontify the Org buffer from the parser info, right?

I'm not sure it would solve anything. You may want to change the order
in which faces are applied (see `org-set-font-lock-defaults').