* Allo org-agenda-text-search-extra-files to be a directory
@ 2011-09-09 19:09 Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2011-09-09 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a directory with several files that are not supposed to be in
org-agenda-files (they don't have TODOs, schedule, etc), but that I want
org to include in text searches.

Is it possible to set org-agenda-text-search-extra-files with a directory
so that all .org files in that directory are considered for text searches
(similarly to how you can set org-agenda-files)?

As I understand this is not possible right now and I need to explicitly set
org-agenda-text-search-extra-files with a list containing all files I want
org to consider in text searches. The problem of that approach is when I
create more files in the same directory and forget to update
org-agenda-text-search-extra-files.

--
Darlan

* Re: Allo org-agenda-text-search-extra-files to be a directory
@ 2011-09-09 22:08 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-09 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
<darcamo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to set org-agenda-text-search-extra-files with a directory
> so that all .org files in that directory are considered for text searches
> (similarly to how you can set org-agenda-files)?

This should work:
(directory-files "~/<directory>" t "^[^.#].*\\.\\(org$\\|org_archive$\\)")

--
Suvayu

* Re: Allow org-agenda-text-search-extra-files to be a directory
@ 2011-09-12 13:29   ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2011-09-12 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks suvayu,
This works perfectly.