On 2016-12-07 21:08, Glenn Morris wrote: > David Dynerman wrote: >> The bug does NOT occur with org 8.2.10. > > Since that's the version included with Emacs, I'm confused as to why > you've been encouraged to report this to bug-gnu-emacs. I can reproduce the issue in emacs -Q on master; hence my suggestion to report it here. Glenn, can you try running the following after downloading the attached file? emacs -Q --eval '(setq debug-on-signal t org-src-fontify-natively t)' test.org It hangs reproducibly for me. No idea why the OP can't reproduce it (David, are you sure it doesn't occur with org 8.2.10? Could it be that org-src-fontify-natively isn't enabled by default in 8.2.10?) Clément.