From: Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com>
To: Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Calendar export questions (ical & html)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:30:17 +0200	[thread overview]

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi Michel,
>
> Michel Blanc <mblanc@erasme.org> writes:
>
>> First, I discovered that all the calendar applications I tried do not
>> show TODO entries (Google Agenda, PHP-iCalndar, Thunderbird, ...)
>> *inside* the day/week/... view, but in sidebars or so (when the do).
>> However, I am required to publish my agenda on GoogleAgenda (using "Add
>> by URL"). Is there any way to export TODO entries as VEVENT instead of
>> VTODO in ical exports, so they get showed in external apps ?
>
> A todo like this
>
> * TODO Do this
>   <2009-07-28 mar>
>
> will be exported both as a VTODO and as a VEVENT.
>
> Note that this is not the case for DEADLINE and SCHEDULED, maybe the
> code need to be more consistent about this.
>
>> Also, the HTML exports for my agenda contains nothing but TODO's,
>> without any date (see example here
>> http://leucos.lstilde.org/workcal.html). There are many
>> SCHEDULED/DEADLINE enabled entries, but nothing is shown besides
>> hierarchy. I suspect I'm off the mark in some way here...
>
> There are several types of agenda views: the tags and tags-todo types
> don't display the dates, but the agenda type does.
>
> Usually, when I need to display the dates in a tags-todo type view, I
> just switch on the column view.  But for now there is no way to store
> the dates in the HTML output of the tags-todo agenda view, the way to
> go is to define an agenda-type view.
>
>> Finally, is there a way to customize the agenda name (i.e. X-WR-CALNAME
>> in the ICS file) ? I export 2 different ics files (the classic
>> personal/work duo) and I would like to set relevant names for them.
>
> Again, sorry to disappoint but the answer is no -- at least not to my
> knowledge.
>
> HTH,

FYI and still half asleep here, I think you can do the name. here is my
ical cust section:

      org-combined-agenda-icalendar-file "~/webs/richardriley/sync/org.ics"
      org-icalendar-include-todo t
      org-icalendar-combined-name (quote "Richard Riley ORG")
      org-icalendar-use-scheduled '(todo-due  event-if-todo event-if-not-todo)
      org-icalendar-use-deadline '(todo-due event-if-todo event-if-not-todo)
      org-icalendar-timezone "Europe/Berlin"
      org-icalendar-include-bbdb-anniversaries t
;      org-icalendar-timezone nil
      org-icalendar-store-UID t

hth