From: Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de>
To: news1142@Karl-Voit.at
Cc: Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Case insensitive search
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:17:06 +0200	[thread overview]

On 06/24/2012 05:21 PM, Karl Voit wrote:
> * Simon Thum<simon.thum@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for sharing your setup. Piggybacking on this thread, I'm just
>> starting with org-contacts and wonder how I could get it to perform
>> case-insensitive searches? (This would make it easier to search for
>> parts of names)
>
> http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/emacs-21.1/html_chapter/faq_5.html#SEC42
> (setq case-fold-search t)   ; make searches case insensitive
I ran across that already but figured it's a bit harsh for all of emacs
or org-mode, i.e. I am worried about unintended side-effects.

The trouble I'm having stems from the fact that org-contact search is
(AFAICT) an agenda search, which is case insensitive in my setup. So why
is org contacts case sensitive in the first place?

Thanks anyway, I'll dig deeper some time (but probably not today).

Cheers,

Simon