On 05/23/2012 05:53 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > "Mark E. Shoulson" writes: >> Also attached is another patch that might or might not be useful. >> Sometimes it can be a problem when you can't type, say, asterisks >> around a word when you NEED asterisks around the word, not a boldface >> word (I'd been getting around it by using Unicode characters that look >> like asterisks, like ∗). The way to do it right is to use the \ast >> entity, which expands to the right thing but doesn't affect >> formatting. There's also already a \tilde entity, to allow putting in >> tildes without accidentally setting something verbatim. I added >> entities for the remaining markup characters: \plus, \under, \equal, >> and \slash. \under might be particularly handy when avoiding >> subscripting (which raises the question of if there should be an >> \asciicirc (or something) entity for ^ also). > I think they are all useful. Though, asciicirc already exists as circ. I hadn't counted \circ because it expands under Unicode to ˆ (U+02C6) and not to the true ascii circumflex ^ (U+005E); the point of these entities is to represent ascii characters that otherwise would confuse things. Maybe \circ should expand to ^; maybe there should be another entity for it (maybe neither). Anyway; attaching the relevant patch (changelog tweaked), once again hoping I got the formatting and everything right. ~mark