* several sub-TODOs with shifted date possible with a single custom-command?
@ 2012-04-11 10:45 Markus Hetzmannseder
From: Markus Hetzmannseder @ 2012-04-11 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hallo,

I started a few weeks ago to use org-mode for my special usecase, so iam still very new to all of the features of org-mode. After a steep learningcurve to the very beginning its working for me rather well. (thx to all the docu and tutorials) Iam a farmer, and my intention of the use of org-mode is to do the timeplaning for all my cows with it.

My setup so far is, every cow to a single .org file with all the todo/done-tasks in it and then generate a weekly agenda out of it. So i have in all the different files the same or very similar type of TODOs. That gets me to two adds i wanted to have:

1) I have TODOs with several sub-TODOs of the same type but time shifted, looking like this:

<Name of cow>
** DONE insemination <DATE>
*** TODO heat check <DATE +3weeks>
*** TODO heat check <DATE +6weeks>
*** TODO pregnancy check
    SCHEDULED: <DATE +7weeks>
*** TODO stop milking
    SCHEDULED: <DATE +225days>
*** TODO expected birth <DATE +285days >
    SCHEDULED: <DATE +280days>

The way i found to add all of this at once is, to do a clone subtree with 1 and x-days time shift to set the new <DATE> an add it to the needed place with normal emacs text copy commands. But it would be real great to add all of this over a single command, like adding a schedule task with asking for the date and all the sub-TODOs withe its dates calced correct. Would be great to somehow have a function with all of this. Has anyone already programmed something similar like that? Have not found anything in the docu, faq, ... but maybe it was just my blindness?

2) I would really like to use the MobileOrg app on my android phone with this. But on the phone i can't see the context of a todo-task. In the normal emacs agenda i see the filename (=name of the cow) and the days I am past of some schedule-start. Any hints how i could get that context visible at the MobileOrg agenda-view too?

thx a lot
Markus

* Re: several sub-TODOs with shifted date possible with a single custom-command?
@ 2012-04-12  9:54 ` Markus Hetzmannseder
From: Markus Hetzmannseder @ 2012-04-12  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

for the 2nd part I found already a usable solution. Its working by setting a top-level tag with the name of the cow. That gets displayed at the Android-App agenda view as well, just hat to shift the whole task tree to get a new single top-level one for each cow.

Markus

>>> "Markus Hetzmannseder"  04/11/12 12:46 PM >>>
<snip>