From: Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com>
To: Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com>
Cc: org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>, Peter Salazar <cycleofsong@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: send org subtree as e-mail?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:35:53 +0200	[thread overview]

On 03/04/12 13:09, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Peter Salazar <cycleofsong@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I frequently compose e-mails as subtrees of my org files. I'd like to be able to e-mail the
>> contents of these subtrees, maybe by first viewing the subtree in an indirect buffer.
>>
>> My org files look like this:
>>
>> * e-mails ** note to person about blah To: person@blah.com Subject: ADD people 7 times more
>> likely to be creative --text follows this line--
>>
>> Dear Person,
>>
>> Blah blah blah.
>>
>> Best, Peter
>>
>> I can open the subtree in an indirect buffer, but I can't e-mail the contents as they appear
>> because I get "Invalid header line."
>>
>> If I delete the org-header, I can successfully send the e-mail. But then I need to undelete
>> the header afterward.
>>
>> How can I send the contents of a subtree as an e-mail without first having to delete the
>> header?
>>
>> Thanks, Peter
>
> Checkout the `org-mime-subtree' subtree command.  It converts the current subtree to an email,
> pulling email headers from subtree

Would it be possible to

a) save this mail into a temporary folder and
b) send it with thunderbird

automatically?

Would be very nice.

Rainer

> properties, specifically
>
> MAIL_SUBJECT or subtree heading -> subject MAIL_TO -> TO MAIL_CC -> CC MAIL_BCC -> BCC MAIL_FMT
> -> determines the format of the email (e.g., org, ascii or html)
>
> so your example above would be
>
> ** note to person about blah :PROPERTIES: :MAIL_TO:  person@blah.com :MAIL_SUBJECT: ADD people
> 7 times more likely to be creative :END: Dear Person,
>
> Blah blah blah.
>
> Best, Peter
>
> Cheers,

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44