* Date parsing silent failure / german dates
@ 2012-04-01 16:38 Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-04-01 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

it seem org-mode has some support for dates of the form dd.mm.[yyyy].

This is a popular notation in germany and probably elsewhere, but the
support is undocumented and apparently very limited.

For example,

06.03. => 2012-06-03

but adding a time like

03.06. 17:00  => today's date

This latter case seems equivalent to

shub shub => today's date

So for me, as I like the notation, perhaps it could be fixed to allow
for dates + times?

Alternatively, the silent failure seems dangerous and should be removed.
I'm OK with accepting no input as today, but non-parseable input
shouldn't be accepted.

I'm looking into this, but I don't think I'm likely to come up with a fix.

Cheers,

Simon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-01 16:39 UTC | newest]