Eric Schulte wrote: > >> However thunderbird does not and I apply the resulting eml >> file below (I presume a screenshot is not appropriated) >> > > This sounds like a thunderbird bug -- not properly displaying multi-part > messages. Hm I will try to send them a bug report then > >> >> Now tunderbird itself has an extension (latex-it) which does >> something similar to org-mime-htmlize, it sends latex math >> as png. However there are "better* displayed, I attach the >> relevant eml file below. >> > > The difference between org-mime-htmlize and latex-it is that the former > converts each formulas to its own png image, while the later converts > the entire message to one large pdf file which is then attached as a > single image. yes and no: latexit can do what you describe (and the author admits that it only makes sense for documents whose size does not exceed one page. latexit can also embed in html pages latex formulas, however only $$ are allowed no equations (which makes it inferior to org-preview-latex-fragments) In any case I attached the wrong eml file (the one with just one page) I now attach the eml with the embedded formula. Maybe some useful information can be extracted. Uwe Brauer