* Org-mode and icicles - tags
@ 2012-03-14 19:12 Nick Bell
From: Nick Bell @ 2012-03-14 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I find Icicles useful in most areas of emacs, but it gets in the way
when I'm trying to complete tags. This is probably as much of an Icicles
question as an Org one.

I do C-c C-q and see the existing tag for a heading e.g. ":boring:". I
type "comp" and press TAB, hoping for completion to ":boring:computer:".
Instead the existing tag "boring" is entirely replaced by the completed
one "computer".

If I turn off "icy mode", the behaviour is as expected.

Does anyone else use Icicles and Org-mode, and if so have they found a
way around this?

Only relevant bit from custom-set-variables:
  '(icicle-TAB-completion-methods (quote (vanilla basic)))

Thanks

Nick

* Org-mode and icicles - tags
@ 2012-03-14 19:54 Nick Bell
From: Nick Bell @ 2012-03-14 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I find Icicles useful in most areas of emacs, but it gets in the way
when I'm trying to complete tags. This is probably as much of an Icicles
question as an Org one.

I do C-c C-q and see the existing tag for a heading e.g. ":boring:". I
type "comp" and press TAB, hoping for completion to ":boring:computer:".
Instead the existing tag "boring" is entirely replaced by the completed
one "computer".

If I turn off "icy mode", the behaviour is as expected.

Does anyone else use Icicles and Org-mode, and if so have they found a
way around this?

Only relevant bit from custom-set-variables:
  '(icicle-TAB-completion-methods (quote (vanilla basic)))

Thanks

Nick

* Re: Org-mode and icicles - tags
@ 2012-03-15  9:58 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-03-15  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Bell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Nick,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 20:12, Nick Bell <mail@nickbell.org> wrote:
> Does anyone else use Icicles and Org-mode, and if so have they found a way
> around this?

I would suggest you either include the icicles author (Drew Adams) in
the CC: or add the Emacs general mailing list
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Org-mode and icicles - tags
@ 2012-03-15 10:01   ` Nick Bell
From: Nick Bell @ 2012-03-15 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 15/03/12 09:58, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 20:12, Nick Bell<mail@nickbell.org>  wrote:
>> Does anyone else use Icicles and Org-mode, and if so have they found a way
>> around this?
> I would suggest you either include the icicles author (Drew Adams) in
> the CC: or add the Emacs general mailing list
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>.

Thanks Suvayu, in the end I just switched back to Ido-mode which feels
less crazily complicated anyway.

Nick

* Re: Org-mode and icicles - tags
@ 2012-03-15 10:14     ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-03-15 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Bell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:01, Nick Bell <mail@nickbell.org> wrote:
>> I would suggest you either include the icicles author (Drew Adams) in
>> the CC: or add the Emacs general mailing list
>> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>.
>>
> Thanks Suvayu, in the end I just switched back to Ido-mode which feels less
> crazily complicated anyway.

Okay, my suggestion was simply because I think Drew doesn't use
org-mode, but e is very helpful and active on the general Emacs
mailing list.

--
Suvayu