* Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-02-27 17:19 Avdi Grimm
From: Avdi Grimm @ 2012-02-27 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a way to export a single Org file to a bunch of HTML files,
one for each heading of a given level? E.g. the way the Org manual is
presented at http://orgmode.org/manual ? (yes, I realize that's Info
not org-mode)I thought I remembered that being possible, but now I
can't find it.

Thanks!

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-03 17:25 ` Sean O'Halpin
From: Sean O'Halpin @ 2012-03-03 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avdi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Avdi Grimm <groups@inbox.avdi.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to export a single Org file to a bunch of HTML files,
> one for each heading of a given level? E.g. the way the Org manual is
> presented at http://orgmode.org/manual ? (yes, I realize that's Info
> not org-mode)I thought I remembered that being possible, but now I
> can't find it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Avdi Grimm
> http://avdi.org

I don't recall an export to multiple HTML files. Are you thinking of
the INFOJS[1] Javascript enhanced export option?

[1]: http://orgmode.org/manual/JavaScript-support.html

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-03 19:45   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2012-03-03 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avdi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Avdi Grimm<groups@inbox.avdi.org>  wrote:
>> Is there a way to export a single Org file to a bunch of HTML files,
>> one for each heading of a given level? E.g. the way the Org manual is
>> presented at http://orgmode.org/manual ? (yes, I realize that's Info
>> not org-mode)I thought I remembered that being possible, but now I
>> can't find it.

I don't think there's been any way to do this directly.	Would be a
neat option to have, though.

One roundabout way of doing it might be to export to Docbook, then
export from Docbook to 'chunked' html.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Chunking.html

I haven't tried.

Yours,
Christian

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-03 20:28     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-03-03 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, avdi

Hello,

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Avdi Grimm<groups@inbox.avdi.org>  wrote:
>>> Is there a way to export a single Org file to a bunch of HTML files,
>>> one for each heading of a given level? E.g. the way the Org manual is
>>> presented at http://orgmode.org/manual ? (yes, I realize that's Info
>>> not org-mode)I thought I remembered that being possible, but now I
>>> can't find it.
>
> I don't think there's been any way to do this directly.	Would be
> a neat option to have, though.

You can probably achieve this by setting an appropriate publishing
function.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-04  7:57       ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2012-03-04  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, avdi

On 3/3/12 9:28 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
(...)
> Christian Moe<mail@christianmoe.com>  writes:
(...)
>> I don't think there's been any way to do this directly.	Would be
>> a neat option to have, though.
>
> You can probably achieve this by setting an appropriate publishing
> function.

But is there such a function ready to use? I don't think so. I've
skimmed the manual and the Worg tutorial on publishing, and I've
googled for this once or twice in the past.

Yours,
Christian

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-04  9:20         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-03-04  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, avdi

Hello,

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

> On 3/3/12 9:28 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> (...)
> (...)
>>> I don't think there's been any way to do this directly.	Would be
>>> a neat option to have, though.
>>
>> You can probably achieve this by setting an appropriate publishing
>> function.
>
> But is there such a function ready to use? I don't think so.

Ready to use, no. But since you can specify your own publishing
function, it should be doable.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-04 16:03 ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2012-03-04 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 02/27/2012 12:19 PM, Avdi Grimm wrote:
> Is there a way to export a single Org file to a bunch of HTML files,
> one for each heading of a given level? E.g. the way the Org manual is
> presented at http://orgmode.org/manual ? (yes, I realize that's Info
> not org-mode)I thought I remembered that being possible, but now I
> can't find it.

This would be a really nice feature to have. I would use it instead of
the convoluted process I use now.

Scott Randby

* Re: Export to multiple HTML files?
@ 2012-03-05 12:46           ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2012-03-05 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

>> But is there such a function ready to use? I don't think so.
>
> Ready to use, no. But since you can specify your own publishing
> function, it should be doable.

Actually if you use the mapping API[1] such a function should be fairly
easy to write.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/manual/Using-the-mapping-API.html#Using-the-mapping-API
--