* ConTeXt export
@ 2012-03-02 20:06 Markus Grebenstein
From: Markus Grebenstein @ 2012-03-02 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear List,

Since the name of ConTeXt makes it almost impossible to search for that
topic I'd like to ask you:

Is there an ConTeXt exporter (planned??). I am getting more and more fed
up with all the package trouble...

Thanks in advance,

Markus

* Re: ConTeXt export
@ 2012-03-03  8:31 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-03-03  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Markus,

Markus Grebenstein wrote:
> Since the name of ConTeXt makes it almost impossible to search for that topic
> I'd like to ask you:
>
> Is there an ConTeXt exporter (planned??). I am getting more and more fed up
> with all the package trouble...

I guess it's just a question of modifying some variables, such as:

- org-latex-to-pdf-process
- org-export-latex-classes

Search for `xelatex' for examples of customization... and share your own
afterward...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: ConTeXt export
@ 2012-03-03  8:53   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-03  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> Markus Grebenstein wrote:
> > Since the name of ConTeXt makes it almost impossible to search for that topic
> > I'd like to ask you:
> >
> > Is there an ConTeXt exporter (planned??). I am getting more and more fed up
> > with all the package trouble...
>
> I guess it's just a question of modifying some variables, such as:
>
> - org-latex-to-pdf-process
> - org-export-latex-classes
>
> Search for `xelatex' for examples of customization... and share your own
> afterward...

Can ConTeXt handle a LaTeX program? I thought it's a completely different
kettle of fish (at least, the samples that I've looked at look completely
different). If so, then it's unlikely that the latex exporter can produce
anything useful for it. It would need a separate exporter (but there isn't
one and afaik nobody is working on one).

Nick

* Re: ConTeXt export
@ 2012-03-03 16:07     ` David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2012-03-03 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Can ConTeXt handle a LaTeX program?

No it can't, not that I'm aware of anyway. While
both LaTeX and ConTeXt inherit from plain TeX,
and therefore look somewhat similar cosmetically,
they don't work the same. (e.g. ConTeXt does not
use LaTeX packages, the .tex files differ in
essentials and not just in details, etc.)

--
David

* Re: ConTeXt export
@ 2012-03-04  1:50       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-03-04  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rogers; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 17:07, David Rogers <davidandrewrogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
>> Can ConTeXt handle a LaTeX program?
>

> No it can't, not that I'm aware of anyway. While both LaTeX and ConTeXt
> inherit from plain TeX, and therefore look somewhat similar cosmetically,
> they don't work the same. (e.g. ConTeXt does not use LaTeX packages, the
> .tex files differ in essentials and not just in details, etc.)

However with the latest experimental org-export library by Nicolas, it
should be possible to write an exporter without much trouble. :)

--
Suvayu

* Re: ConTeXt export
@ 2012-03-08 18:05 Markus Grebenstein
From: Markus Grebenstein @ 2012-03-08 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

From: David Rogers<davidandrewrogers@gmail.com>
To:nicholas.dokos@hp.com
Cc: Sebastien Vauban<wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>,
	emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [O] ConTeXt export

Nick Dokos<nicholas.dokos@hp.com>  writes:

> Can ConTeXt handle a LaTeX program?
No it can't, not that I'm aware of anyway. While
both LaTeX and ConTeXt inherit from plain TeX,
and therefore look somewhat similar cosmetically,
they don't work the same. (e.g. ConTeXt does not
use LaTeX packages, the .tex files differ in
essentials and not just in details, etc.)

-- David I also think it would need a ne exporter. On the other hand it
might prevent running in the too many packages trap of LaTeX. To be
honest, I do not know how man people really use ConTeXt. Best Markus