From: Daniel Drake <silophophe@gmail.com>
To: Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [0][babel][R] Undesired conversion of integers to floats in R code block output
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:40:34 -0800	[thread overview]

On 02/19/2012 08:48 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:
>> Just to be safe, I nuked my org-mode directory and re-cloned from the
>> git repository: I'm now at release_7.8.03.386.g2239d (I was at
>> release_7.8.03-351-g47eb3 previously).  Is there a more recent
>> version? I also removed the org directory that came with the packaged
>> version of emacs, just in case.
>>

> This sounds just like my setup.  I get the following from `org-version'
> which should be equivalent.
>
> Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.419.gdeb6e)
>

>> I start emacs with the following options:
>> $ emacs -Q -eval '(setq load-path (cons
>> "~/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp" load-path))' -eval "(require
>> ob-R)" test.org
>>

> I just did the same using the following command line to launch Emacs,
> and I still get no decimal place in my results.
>
> $ emacs -Q -eval '(setq laod-path (cons "~/.emacs.d/src/org/lisp/" load-path))' -eval "(require 'ob-R)" /tmp/dan.org
>

>> I get the same behavior as before.  I was a little puzzled when I saw
>> this happen, as I've been working on this study for over a year in org
>> and it's the first time I've seen this behavior.  I went back and
>> tried previous versions (e.g., 7.4), and now I see the same thing.
>>
>> I wonder if Arch (a rolling release linux distribution that tries to
>> be close to the leading edge) has updated an underlying library that
>> impacts the babel code in some odd way.  (Granted, I don't see how
>> this could be, as the emacs environment seems pretty well insulated
>> from the underlying OS; PEBKAC just as likely.)
>>

> I doubt this is the case.  I also use Arch (just ran pacman -Syu this
> morning) so we likely have the largely same underlying versions of
> libraries installed.  Maybe the issue could lay somewhere in your R
> config?
>
> Sorry I can't be of more help.
>
> Best,

At first I thought it was R as well, but the fact that there is no
decimal point in the output file plus the fact that (outside of emacs) I
can use read.table to pull in the table and the result has no decimal
formatting makes me think otherwise.  That you're running the same setup
as me, though, gives me hope.  I can backup, re-install Arch, and see if
the problem goes away.

Thanks for your help.  I'm not certain when I'll have time to try this,
but I'll follow up on this thread when I do.

Best,
Dan