* How-to evaluate Java-snippets in org-mode/org-babel?
@ 2011-07-05  7:01 Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-07-05  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I need to evaluate many small java snippets. I tried to do this in
org-mode but so fare it didn't work out. org-babel seems to have no java
support ?

I can put the snippets in #BEGIN_SRC #END_SRC brackets which works nice
for archiving and reporting. I can even call them in there own buffer
via C-'. Now I would like to execute them to see if they work. Most of
them just create some console output.
If I could simply execute the buffer I'm getting via C-' and see the
output this would be totally sufficient.

I have trouble with different aspects of this. The buffer called by C-'
has an unfortunate naming e.g. *Org Src main.org[ java ]*.... simply
saving this buffer and trying to compile it troubles the java compiler.
Giving it a different name works, but then I face the problem that I
need the following directories and name convention:

directory: <package_name>\<class_name>.java
to call
javac <package_name>\<class_name>.java
to create the class file and
java <package>name.<classname>
to execute the file.

Obviously, I would prefer to to this automatically from within emacs.

Ideally I would love to use org-babel. If this doesn't work out. A
command to create the directories and filenames on fly, compile and
execute it would be awesome too.

If there is someone who did something similar or has an idea... would be
glad to hear about

Totti