* multiple modes in single buffer?
@ 2011-05-20 22:20 David Rogoff
From: David Rogoff @ 2011-05-20 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a feeling I know the answer, but it's worth bringing up.  I'd
like to have multiple modes for different regions of a file.  I'm using
the "-*- mode: org -*-"  as the first line of my org files. However,
many of my org files contains bits of c and Verilog code.  I'd like
these regions to be formatted and use the faces for those modes.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

  David

* Re: multiple modes in single buffer?
@ 2011-05-20 23:12 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-05-20 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rogoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Rogoff <david@therogoffs.com> writes:

> I have a feeling I know the answer, but it's worth bringing up.  I'd
> like to have multiple modes for different regions of a file.  I'm
> using the "-*- mode: org -*-"  as the first line of my org files.
> However, many of my org files contains bits of c and Verilog code.
> I'd like these regions to be formatted and use the faces for those
> modes.
>
> Is this possible?

Yes. Source blocks and org-babel provide all sorts of ways to include
bits of code (and their results/output) in an org file.

(info "(org) Working With Source Code")

The variables org-src-fontify-natively and org-src-tab-acts-natively
might be of particular interest.

Best,
Matt

* Re: multiple modes in single buffer?