From: Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info>
To: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Images in included files
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 17:37:18 -0500	[thread overview]

I'm having exactly this same problem.

I have a file, suggestions.org, in directory ~/x/y/z/top/child/ that
contains many images.  These are included by means of links such as

[[./foo.pdf]]

Now, I have a parent file in top/, manual.org, and I want to #+include
"child/suggestions.org"

Unfortunately, this breaks all the figure links in suggestions.org,
because "." is interpreted as top/ and not top/child/.

Even more unfortunately, this is a shared document, and a number of
people are going to check it out from a source code repository
(subversion in this case).  This means that I cannot specify the images as

~/x/y/z/top/child/foo.pdf

because I cannot force my co-authors to check out the top/ to ~/x/y/z.
Indeed, I cannot even force my co-authors to have directories x/ x/y or
x/y/z...

So what is needed, I believe is some way of indicating that these
relative links should be resolved at *include* time, rather than later.

I am pretty sure that this is the same problem John Tait alludes to,
with some more details.

Best,
Robert