* Bug in latex export of <<links>>
@ 2011-04-29 21:07 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2011-04-29 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have this header in my org-mode file:

**** Documentation <<documentationPseudoProp>>

it gets translated into the following, which formats poorly:

\item Documentation \label{documentationPseudoProp}documentationPseudoProp\\

Any idea why this would happen?  Seems like a bona fide bug, but perhaps
I'm just doing something wrong.

best,

* Re: Bug in latex export of <<links>>
@ 2011-05-01 16:22 ` Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2011-05-01 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On 4/29/11 Apr 29 -4:07 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> I have this header in my org-mode file:
>
> **** Documentation <<documentationPseudoProp>>
>
> it gets translated into the following, which formats poorly:
>
> \item Documentation \label{documentationPseudoProp}documentationPseudoProp\\
>
> Any idea why this would happen?  Seems like a bona fide bug, but perhaps
> I'm just doing something wrong.

This block of org-latex seems to have the problem in it:

  (while (re-search-forward
	  (concat "<<<?" org-export-latex-all-targets-re
		  ">>>?\\((INVISIBLE)\\)?") nil t)
    (org-if-unprotected-at (+ (match-beginning 0) 2)
      (replace-match
       (concat
	(org-export-latex-protect-string
	 (format "\\label{%s}" (save-match-data (org-solidify-link-text
						 (match-string 1)))))
*	(if (match-string 2) "" (match-string 1)))
       t t)))

I suspect that the "INVISIBLE" up there indicates some way I am supposed
to flag this as a non-printing link, but there's no documentation
(AFAICT) about this.  Anyone know what that's supposed to do?

The manual suggests putting these targets in comments, but that only
works for HTML export --- if you do that in LaTeX export, the \label{}
command gets commented out!  Finding a solution that works equally well
in HTML and LaTeX export would be a good thing, I think.

Commenting out the starred s-expression in the block above would
probably fix my problem, but I have no way of telling what collateral
damage there might be.  Can anyone clarify?

If someone can fill me in, I will supply a patch to either the manual or
the code, whichever is appropriate

thanks!