From: Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Display missing/overlapping clock ranges
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:28:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Am 13.04.2011 17:44, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Hi all!
>
> I do clock every task I work on during the whole day.
> At the end of the day or week I have to go over all clock entries in my agenda
> and see if there are holes or overlappings in my clock tables.
> If yes I have to adjust the clocks.
>
> I read Bernt Hansen's comments on how he works with clocks
> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#Clocking).
>
> What about a function showing the lacking clock ranges over
> the day while being in the agenda with log mode on?
>
> The function could even check for overlapping clock ranges and indicate these
> or jump to these.
>
> Maybe it would even be good to be able to configure daily and weekly
> regular holes in the ranges, for example
>
> - daily lunch time from [12:00]--[13:00]
> - week end days (maybe with diary syntax)
> - working days (Monday to Friday for example)
>
> What do you think?
>
> -- Rainer

Hi again,

I just "rediscovered" the wonderful C-c C-x C-d (org-clock-display)
command to show subtree times in the whole buffer.
How could I miss that, being an "old" org user ...

Anyway, I browsed a bit through my headlines and found some huge times.
Digging deeper I found some "runaway" clocks exceeding several days, one even over more than a year.

As I do not review all org files for such errors, I would be interested in

- finding all clock times longer than x hours (for example 12 hours - I never clock over night)
- find all clock times clocking "in the weekend" (Saturday, Sunday)
- finding all clock times lower than y minutes (for example 15 minutes)

Are theree any already included functions in Org helping me do that?

Best,
- Rainer