Hi Eric, thanks for looking into this! Unfortunately, I do not know the setup here. But I asked on the ess mailing list and got an answer from Stephen Eglen: "I think you want to set ess-local-process-name given by the :session argument in the .org buffer when the temp buffer is opened by C-c '." I hope that is the information you need. Regards, Andreas Am 23.03.2011 04:00, schrieb Eric Schulte: > This seems reasonable, > > Do you know how ESS associates a code buffer with a session (i.e. is > there some buffer-local variable which holds the session name)? > > With this information in hand it shouldn't be difficult to expand the > C-' behavior for R s.t. it automatically associates the resulting > Org-Src buffer with the proper R session. > > Good idea. Best -- Eric > > Andreas Leha writes: > >> Hi all, >> >> I have a feature request (if what I want is not already possible, that is). >> >> Could a source code block, which has the :session header argument, be >> associated with its session as soon as C-' is pressed? >> >> The background to this question is, that all ess support functionality >> for R (r-autoyas, autocomplete-R, and ess-eldoc) need an associated R >> session. They start to function only as soon as the first line of the >> code block is evaluated, which associates the source buffer with its >> session. >> The autocomplete-R even fails to load without an associated R session >> (byte-code: Language mode `R-mode' fails with: "Symbol nil may not be >> buffer-local") >> and this way cuts the connection to org, such that C-' becomes undefined. >> >> Regards, >> Andreas >