Hi, On 3/24/11 12:47 PM, Le Wang wrote: (...) > Is it possible to inline count-down timers in a cooking step? For > example "2. simmer sauce for 40 minutes on low heat. > ", so there is a button at the end of the line > that starts a count-down timer. > > Many timers from different steps can be started simultaneously, and > each timer should be able to be paused and restarted. And there > should be an easy way to get an overview of of all ongoing timers from > the current document. > > Is it possible to hack this together using existing org > functionality? I don't think Org has built-in support for concurrent countdown timers. But you can fake this pretty well with org-timer, properties, column view, a dynamic block, and some lisp table formulas. A ready-to-run example is attached, hopefully self-explanatory, probably buggy, and WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is a learning exercise for me. Instead of using a start timer button (for which you could use an `elisp:' link, like the one I've put in to make it easy to stop the timer), you can write a hook to start countdowns when the TODO state changes. That rather hackish function is the only code here that's not out of the box. Yours, Christian