From: Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: let's make the biggest gift of FLOSS history!
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:11:00 +0900	[thread overview]

Dear Bastien,

you might consider to add a Flattr account for org-mode too.
As far as I understood Flattr is a micorpayment system on a monthly
base. People donate a monthly sum and this will be shared by the
projects they marked (by click on a clever placed icon) over a month
period. I believe this heavily lower the resistance to place a donation,
people think "Since I spend the money every month why not donating to
org-mode", which is quite different to "Ohh paypal, I need to pull out
my credit card and enter all my credentials, wait is it save, wait
should I do it now, wait will my spouse punish me for throwing out money
again for my crazy interests" ;)

I guess the idea is to place those icons at places where people just got
very happy about org-mode... maybe the manual section, or Worg, video
tutorial page, etc.

http://flattr.com/

All the best

Totti