* [ANN] OpenDocumentText/OpenOffice Exporter - 0.6 Release
@ 2011-01-28 21:46 Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-01-28 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am happy to make available 0.6 release of OpenOffice/OpenDocumentText
exporter. The exporter is based on org-parse.el contributed by Lennart
Borgman.

Web URL:
- http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git

Checkout URLs:
- git://repo.or.cz/org-mode/org-jambu.git
- http://repo.or.cz/r/org-mode/org-jambu.git

1. Checkout my repo

#+begin_src sh
  git remote add org-odt http://repo.or.cz/r/org-mode/org-jambu.git
  git fetch org-odt
  git checkout -b org-odt org-odt/master
#+end_src

2. Create a simple "~/elisp/org-odt-setup.el" with the following
   content. Replace "~/src/staging/org-mode" with the root of your
   checkout dir..

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (custom-set-variables
   '(initial-buffer-choice "~/src/staging/org-mode/contrib/odt/files/test.org")
   '(org-export-latex-default-packages-alist (quote (("AUTO" "inputenc" t))))
   '(org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments (quote dvipng))
  )

  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
  (setq org-odt-base-dir "~/src/staging/org-mode")
  (load-file (expand-file-name "contrib/odt/setup.el" org-odt-base-dir))
#+end_src

3. Launch a minimal emacs and load the above file.

   runemacs.exe -Q --load ~/elisp/org-odt-setup.el

   You will find yourself in a 'test.org' buffer.

4. Use 'C-c C-e O' to export the above buffer as ODT and open it with
   the default system app i.e., OpenOffice Writer for example.

I am attaching the test.odt created in my machine using the above
instructions.

Lately, I have been finding myself a bit tied down with other things. So
this release is a kind of a 'hasty' release. Needless to say, there are
lots of areas where obvious improvements can be made.

I will be a bit slow in responding for next few weeks. Let that not hold
   you back.

[-- Attachment #2: test.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 12867 bytes --]

#+TITLE: Testfile for OpenDocumentText Exporter
#+AUTHOR:    Jambunathan K
#+EMAIL:     kjambunathan@gmail.com
#+DATE:      2010-10-26 Sat
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+STARTUP:   inlineimages overview

* Character Styles
** Bold

   *This is bold text*

** Italic

   /This is an italicized text/

** Underline

   _This is an underlined text_

** Code

   =This is a code text=

** Verbatim

   ~This is a verbatim text~

** Strikethrough

   +This is a strikethorugh text+

** Super and Subscripts

   Y = a_{0}X^{2}+a_{1}X^{1}+a_{2}
* Miscellaneous

  Here is a ndash --, a mdash ---, an ellipsis ....

  and a horizontal line
  ---------------------

* Paragraph Styles
** Quotation

*** Style1

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
    Everything should be made as simple as possible,
    but not any simpler -- Albert Einstein
#+END_QUOTE

*** QUOTE Style2

    Everything should be made as simple as possible,
    but not any simpler -- Albert Einstein

** Verse

#+BEGIN_VERSE
  Great clouds overhead
  Tiny black birds rise and fall
  Snow covers Emacs

      -- AlexSchroeder
#+END_VERSE

** Centered

#+BEGIN_CENTER
   This is a centered paragraph.
#+END_CENTER

** Example
*** Example Style 1

#+begin_example
  First line of the example.
  Second line of the example.
#+end_example

*** Example Style 2

:     First line of the example.
:     Second line of the example.

** Source Block
*** Emacs Lisp Block
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun helloworld ()
    ""
    (message "hello world"))
#+end_src

*** Org Source Block

#+begin_src org
  ,* Some Appointment
  ,  SCHEDULED: <2010-11-17 Wed>
#+end_src

* Embedded ODT
** Handcrafted Para

#+begin_html
    This is a handwritten html para
#+end_html

#+begin_odt
  <text:p> This is a handwritten odt para</text:p>
#+end_odt

** An Equation as Embeded MathML
   A trigonometric equation embedded in *MathML*

#+begin_odt
  <text:p>
    <draw:frame draw:style-name="fr2" draw:name="Object3" text:anchor-type="as-char" svg:width="6.371cm" svg:height="0.483cm" draw:z-index="3">
      <draw:object>
        <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
          <semantics>
            <mrow>
              <mi>sin</mi>
              <mrow>
                <mrow>
                  <mo stretchy="false">(</mo>
                  <mrow>
                    <mi>A</mi>
                    <mo stretchy="false">+</mo>
                    <mi>B</mi>
                  </mrow>
                  <mo stretchy="false">)</mo>
                </mrow>
                <mi mathvariant="normal">=</mi>
                <mi>sin</mi>
              </mrow>
              <mi mathvariant="italic">ACos</mi>
              <mrow>
                <mi>B</mi>
                <mo stretchy="false">+</mo>
                <mi>cos</mi>
              </mrow>
              <mi>A</mi>
              <mi>sin</mi>
              <mi>B</mi>
            </mrow>
            <annotation encoding="StarMath 5.0">sin (A+B) = sin ACos B + cos A sin B
            </annotation>
          </semantics>
        </math>
      </draw:object>
    </draw:frame>
  </text:p>
#+end_odt

* Lists
** Simple Lists
*** Numbered List

    This is a numbered list.

    1. L1N1
    2. L1N2
    3. L1N3

*** Bulleted List

    This is a bulleted list.
    - L1B1
    - L1B2
    - L1B3

*** Description List

    There is a nested description list down below
    - Term-1 :: This is a definition for Term-1 which wraps around to
                the next line
    - Term-2 :: This is a definition for Term-2 which wraps around to
                the next line
      - Term-2.1 :: Definition for Term-2.1
      - Term-2.2 :: Definition for Term-2.2

*** A Complex List

    1. L1N1
       1. L2N2
       2. L2N3
    2. L1N4
       * L2B1
       * L2B2
	 - L3B3

	   First paragraph.

	   Second paragraph.

	 - L3B4
    3. L1N5
       1. L2N6
          1. L3N7

** A Very Complex List
*** Lord of the Rings

    My favorite scenes are (in this order)
    1. The attack of the Rohirrim
    2. Eowyn's fight with the witch king
       + this was already my favorite scene in the book
       + I really like Miranda Otto.
         - Definition-1 :: Description-1
         - Definition-2 :: Description-2

    3. Peter Jackson being shot by Legolas
       He makes a really funny face when it happens.
       - on DVD only

    But in the end, no individual scenes matter but the film as a whole.
    Important actors in this film are:
    - Elijah Wood :: He plays Frodo
    - Sean Austin :: He plays Sam, Frodo's friend.  I still remember
		     him very well from his role as Mikey Walsh in
		     The Goonies

      - Embedded Definition 1 :: Embedded Description 1
      - Embedded Definition 2 :: Embedded Description 2

* Images
** Image URLs

   See the You can see the official logo of Orgmode here:
   [[http://orgmode.org/img/org-mode-unicorn.png]]

** Inlined Images
*** A simple inlined image

   [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]]

*** A simple image with caption and label

#+CAPTION: Unicorn Logo
#+LABEL: fig:1024
  [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]]

*** An image that is explicitly sized
#+CAPTION: Unicorn Logo
#+LABEL: fig:1025
#+ATTR_ODT: (:width 10 :height 10)
  [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]]

*** An image that is scaled
#+ATTR_ODT: (:scale 0.5)
  [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]]

** Reference to an Image
   Please refer to \ref{fig:1024} for further information.

** LaTeX Fragments

*** LaTeX Fragment1
#   See org-format-latex-options

    There is a equation down below.

   \begin{equation}
     e = \frac{1}{2}mv^2
   \end{equation}

*** LaTeX Fragment2

    \begin{equation}
    x=\sqrt{b}
    \end{equation}

    If $a^2=b$ and \( b=2 \), then the solution must be either $$
    a=+\sqrt{2} $$ or \[ a=-\sqrt{2} \].

* File URLs
** Relative URL
   [[../OrgOdtStyles.xml][This is a relative link to styles file]]

** Absolute URL
   [[file:~/src/base/org-odt/contrib/odt/OrgOdtStyles.xml][This is an absolute link to styles file]]

* Links
** Targets
*** Fuzzy Target
*** Target with CUSTOMID
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CUSTOM_ID: aabbccddeeff
    :END:

*** Dedicated Target Style1
#   <<Dedicated Target>>

*** Dedicated Target Style2

    There is a dedicated target at the end of this sentence -
    <<Dedicated Target1>>.

*** <<<Radioed Target>>>

** References
*** References to Fuzzy Target

    This is a link to [[Fuzzy Target]].

*** References to CUSTOMID links

    This is a link to [[#aabbccddeeff][Target with CUSTOMID]]. This is nodesc link to [[#aabbccddeeff]].

*** References to Dedicated Target

    There is a link to nodesc [[Dedicated Target]] here. There is a link
    to [[Dedicated%20Target][Jump to Dedicated Target]] here.

    There is a link to [[Dedicated%20Target1][Dedicated Target1]] here.

*** References to Radioed Links

    This section has references to Radioed Target. One more reference
    to Radioed Target.

* Tables
** A simple Orgmode Table

   | EST | New York | -5:00 |
   | IST | Madras   | +5:30 |
   | AST | Bahrain  | +3:00 |

** A formatted Orgmode Table

#+CAPTION: An Example Table
#+LABEL:   table:10

  |             Labels | Column1    | Column2               |          Column3 |
  |--------------------+------------+-----------------------+------------------|
  |                  / | <          | >                     |               <> |
  | Row1Row1Row1 Right | R1C1  Left | R1C2R1C2R1C2 Centered |      R1C3  Right |
  |--------------------+------------+-----------------------+------------------|
  |           Row2Row2 | R2C1R2C1   | R2C2R2C2              | R2C3R2C3R2C3R2C3 |
  |                    |            |                       |                  |
  |--------------------+------------+-----------------------+------------------|

** Table.el Table with no Spanning
   +---------------+---------------+
   |Term           |Percentage     |
   +---------------+---------------+
   |Quarter        |25%            |
   |One-Fourth     |               |
   +---------------+---------------+
   |Half           |50%            |
   |One-by-Two     |               |
   +---------------+---------------+
   |Three-Quarters |75%            |
   |Three-Fourths  |               |
   +---------------+---------------+
   |Full           |100%           |
   |Whole          |               |
   +---------------+---------------+

** COMMENT Table.el Table with Spanning

   +----------+---------------------+----------+
   |Name      |cmd        calls     |Percentage|
   +----------+                     +----------+
   |rgb       |93         534       |46%       |
   +----------+                     +----------+
   |Xah       |82         090       |40%       |
   +----------+                     +----------+
   |total     |203        118       |100%      |
   +----------+---------------------+----------+

** COMMENT Another Table.el Table with Spanning

   +----------+----------+
   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
   +----------+----------+
   | R1 C1-2             |
   +----------+----------+
   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
   +          +----------+
   |          |          |
   +----------+----------+

* Table Referenced

  Please refer to \ref{table:10} for further information.

* Footnote Definitions

[1] Quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Quick brown fox jumps ove
the lazy dog.
[fn:XYZ] There is a link to [[http://Orgmode.org][Orgmode.org]].

* Footnote Usage
** Plain Footnotes

   Footnote [1]. One more reference to footnote [1].

** Named Footnotes

   Footnote named XYZ [fn:XYZ].

** Inlined Footnote

   Inlined footnote [fn:: inline definition]

** Named and Inlined Footnote

   Named and Inlined footnote [fn:name: named definition]

* About Orgmode
  Org is a mode for keeping notes, maintaining TODO lists, and doing
  project planning with a fast and effective plain-text system.

  Org develops organizational tasks around NOTES files that contain
  lists or information about projects as plain text. Org is
  implemented on top of Outline mode, which makes it possible to keep
  the content of large files well structured. Visibility cycling and
  structure editing help to work with the tree. Tables are easily
  created with a built-in table editor. Org supports TODO items,
  deadlines, timestamps, and scheduling. It dynamically compiles
  entries into an agenda that utilizes and smoothly integrates much of
  the Emacs calendar and diary. Plain text URL-like links connect to
  websites, emails, Usenet messages, BBDB entries, and any files
  related to the projects. For printing and sharing of notes, an Org
  file can be exported as a structured ASCII file, as HTML, or (TODO
  and agenda items only) as an iCalendar file. It can also serve as a
  publishing tool for a set of linked web pages.

  As a project planning environment, Org works by adding metadata to
  outline nodes. Based on this data, specific entries can be extracted
  in queries and create dynamic agenda views.

  Org mode contains the Org Babel environment which allows you to work
  with embedded source code blocks in a file, to facilitate code
  evaluation, documentation, and tangling.

  Org's automatic, context-sensitive table editor with spreadsheet
  capabilities can be integrated into any major mode by activating the
  minor Orgtbl mode. Using a translation step, it can be used to
  maintain tables in arbitrary file types, for example in LaTeX. The
  structure editing and list creation capabilities can be used outside
  Org with the minor Orgstruct mode.

  Org keeps simple things simple. When first fired up, it should feel
  like a straightforward, easy to use outliner. Complexity is not
  imposed, but a large amount of functionality is available when you
  need it. Org is a toolbox and can be used in different ways and for
  different ends, for example:

  -  an outline extension with visibility cycling and structure editing
  -  an ASCII system and table editor for taking structured notes
  -  a TODO list editor
  -  a full agenda and planner with deadlines and work scheduling
  -  an environment in which to implement David Allen's GTD system
  -  a simple hypertext system, with HTML and LaTeX export
  -  a publishing tool to create a set of interlinked webpages
  -  an environment for literate programming

  There is a website for Org which provides links to the newest
  version of Org, as well as additional information, frequently asked
  questions (FAQ), links to tutorials, etc. This page is located at
  http://orgmode.org.

[-- Attachment #3: test.odt --]

Jambunathan K.

* Re: [ANN] OpenDocumentText/OpenOffice Exporter - 0.6 Release
@ 2011-01-31 11:00 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-01-31 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

This is great, and I look forward to seeing it as part of Org-mode.

Thanks for the detailed git instructions. Haven't dared try before.

Some feedback:

- *Captions/labels/references* do not yet integrate well with
   OpenOffice.

   - The illustration in sec 6.2.2 is captioned "Illustration fig:1024
     Unicorn Logo", echoing the label. One would probably prefer
     something *auto-numbered* like "Illustration 1: Unicorn Logo".

     - (Even better if there were possible to choose other types names,
       like Chart, Figure, etc.).

   - The reference to the same illustration is a hyperlink containing
     part of the label text ("1024"). A *cross-reference field* would
     be preferable to a hyperlink, and "Illustration 1" or similar
     better than "1024".

   - The table caption in sec 9.2, on the other hand, works the way I
     would want illustration captions to work: What appears in the
     caption is not the label text ("table:10"), but the auto-numbered
     "Table 1 An Example Table".

     - (It would be nice to have a colon or other *separator* between
       label and caption text: "Table 1: An Example Table".)

   - However, the reference to that table appears as a hyperlink saying
     "10", and the hyperlink does not appear to work. A cross-reference
     link to "Table 1" would be better.

- It might also be preferable to have links to inline targets, at
   least headline and CUSTOM_ID targets, exported as *cross-reference
   fields* rather than hyperlinks. In OpenOffice, a cross-reference
   field can give e.g. the automatically updated page number the target
   is at.

Exporting one of my own documents, I also found that:

- A space is inserted before *footnote markers*; it shouldn't be. You
   can't see this in the text document, where there is space before all
   footnote references anyway.

- Paragraphs were frequently split up, mid-sentence, by unwanted
   paragraph breaks. This bug is a bit of a mystery. The extra
   paragraph breaks appear where there is a newline in the text. But I
   can't discern any pattern as to why breaks are inserted at these
   newlines and not others. Nothing similar happens in HTML export.

Hope this helps you refine a really helpful contribution.

Yours,
Christian

       [not found] <201102102334.57286.martin@weigele.de>
@ 2011-02-10 23:51 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-10 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Martin,

Thanks for trying out the new exporter.

> Hi, I have followed your instructions but get the following error messages
> from emacs -q --load ....

Use emacs -Q and *not* emacs -q.

[snip]

> OVERVIEW
> Select command:
> Exporting...
> (New file) [3 times]
> org-babel-exp processing...
> Position saved to mark ring, go back with C-c &.
> org-babel-exp processing...
> Position saved to mark ring, go back with C-c &.
> Creating LaTeX image 1
> Creating LaTeX image 2
> Creating LaTeX image 3
> Creating LaTeX image 4
> Creating LaTeX image 5
> Creating LaTeX image 6
> Embedding ./org-mode-unicorn.png as
> Pictures/9682a429be4c1126978645f623a12623e5a89143.png ... [4 times]
> Embedding ltxpng/test_e9af1d486657dab0e9738262dd2939f929289359.png as
> Pictures/c41d3fec350b7b507a389641ff29c183a3cd538d.png ...
> Embedding ltxpng/test_e401539ccffb55fbff6045d038e13919077dda9c.png as
> Pictures/b4dd400d39437502e61dbcc65cb3f0be3450d564.png ...
> Embedding ltxpng/test_410cdb794cf9ecc8f7d02a564e0a84d41e7ca44e.png as
> Pictures/68d3d1bb5f65ba0e5e98decd90e22fcd52a8aeb1.png ...
> Embedding ltxpng/test_c76046817eb1806b275c9dca63c8a0dcb03b57e1.png as
> Pictures/807d42dd62dc269d724a048417bfc42b0d7c0d18.png ...
> Embedding ltxpng/test_3f583836ec1490aa2a84ab29b8aba90d152f3bf2.png as
> Pictures/0a0a6fe9eb9b33afd1b7050df787586caaf53730.png ...
> Embedding ltxpng/test_f450dcc0a5284f2c19682846c7697123a54ae238.png as
> Pictures/663b7b73a2878c055e0f11e2bada1937b9814965.png ...
> Using vacuous schema

> org-newodt: Finalizing outfile

I no longer user org-newodt and this file shouldn't be there at all
anymore. This is mostly likely coming from a older checkout.

Find out where org-newodt is picked up from
1. Review you load-path

2. If it load-path is OK manually delete org-newodt so found

or better still

2. You can remove all git unregistered files with

$ cd <directory-where-org-newodt-is-found>
$ git clean -f

The above command DELETES unregistered/untracked git files. So be
careful if there are some files in the above dir that you might want to
use later ...

> Saving file /tmp/odt-12807Dta/META-INF/manifest.xml...
> Wrote /tmp/odt-12807Dta/META-INF/manifest.xml
> Saving file /tmp/odt-12807Dta/content.xml...
> Wrote /tmp/odt-12807Dta/content.xml
> Saving file /tmp/odt-12807Dta/meta.xml...
> Wrote /tmp/odt-12807Dta/meta.xml
> let*: Wrong number of arguments: delete-directory, 2

I am ccing the mailing list.

Let me know if you still encounter problems. I will be happy to help you
out.

@ 2011-02-11 18:10   ` Gary Oberbrunner
From: Gary Oberbrunner @ 2011-02-11 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just joined the list recently and am very excited to try direct odt
export!  I checked out Jambunathan's git repo.  I'm already running org-mode
from its git master; is your repo a fork of the master, or is it its own
thing?  It seems like it contains everything, so I should use it instead of
the main one?

Once I enabled png images in my Windows emacs (by copying the appropriate
DLLs), the following worked fine for me in my .emacs:

#+begin_example
;; Org-mode ODT (Open Document) export, EXPERIMENTAL:
(custom-set-variables
 '(org-export-latex-default-packages-alist (quote (("AUTO" "inputenc" t))))
 '(org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments (quote dvipng))
 )
(setq org-odt-base-dir "c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs/site-lisp/org-jambu") ;
only used for odt export
(load-file (expand-file-name "contrib/odt/setup.el" org-odt-base-dir))
#+end_example

I think this causes the jambu repo to be used for everything (org-mode.el
and all the other exports).  Is that OK?

I have to say, great work so far!  Amazingly useful.

I suppose one addition would be to allow for customized ODT character and
paragraph styles, e.g. customizing the styles.xml that gets included into
the doc.

--
-- Gary

* Re: [ANN] OpenDocumentText/OpenOffice Exporter - 0.6 Release
@ 2011-02-13  9:06     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-13  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Gary

Thanks for trying out org-odt and sharing your feedback.

> I just joined the list recently and am very excited to try direct odt
> export!  I checked out Jambunathan's git repo.  I'm already running
> org-mode from its git master; is your repo a fork of the master, or
> is it its own thing?  It seems like it contains everything, so I
> should use it instead of the main one?

It's a fork of the master. It may lag behind the master depending on my
whims and fancies.

> Once I enabled png images in my Windows emacs (by copying the
> appropriate DLLs), the following worked fine for me in my .emacs:
>
> #+begin_example
> ;; Org-mode ODT (Open Document) export, EXPERIMENTAL:
> (custom-set-variables
>  '(org-export-latex-default-packages-alist (quote (("AUTO" "inputenc"
> t))))
>  '(org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments (quote dvipng))
>  )
> (setq org-odt-base-dir "c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs/site-lisp/
> org-jambu") ; only used for odt export
> (load-file (expand-file-name "contrib/odt/setup.el"
> org-odt-base-dir))
> #+end_example

LaTeX related lines are required only if there are LaTeX fragments (like
equations) which need to be embedded in to the resulting odt file. I
have included these lines only because the test.org file that I use for
testing has embedded LaTeX fragments.

As you noted above, setup.el changes the load-path and has pointers to
default styles file used for export.

> I suppose one addition would be to allow for customized ODT character
> and paragraph styles, e.g. customizing the styles.xml that gets
> included into the doc.

FYI, many of the user-defined styles used by the exporter have `org'
prefix.

Updating styles file either from a sample .odt file or .ott files is
something in my list. Till such time as I add support for this feature
one can use the following workaround:

1. customize the different styles in exported file and save it.
2. unzip the resulting odt file (Note: odt files are just .zip files)
   and extract styles.xml file from the same.
3. Customize the variable org-export-odt-styles-file to point to the
   above styles file.

The above procedure should work though I haven't tried this myself.

For the sake of record, many folks using `older version of emacs' have
reported `delete-directory' related crashes while trying my exporter. I
have pushed a fix for this a few minutes ago.

@ 2011-02-13  9:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-13  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jambunathan,

> I am happy to make available 0.6 release of OpenOffice/OpenDocumentText
> exporter. The exporter is based on org-parse.el contributed by Lennart
> Borgman.

Wow.  I've tested it, following your instruction, and I was able to
export the example files (and some smaller tests) to. odt.  Great!

I'll write to you and Lennart in private to see how we can reduce the
number of dependencies (like org-newhtml.el) and try to integrate this
into org-mode.git.

Again, thanks for this nice and often requested contribution.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ANN] OpenDocumentText/OpenOffice Exporter - 0.6 Release
@ 2011-02-13  9:30     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-13  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gary,

Gary Oberbrunner <garyo@oberbrunner.com> writes:

> I just joined the list recently and am very excited to try direct odt
> export!  I checked out Jambunathan's git repo.  I'm already running
> org-mode from its git master; is your repo a fork of the master, or
> is it its own thing?

Jambunathan's repo is a fork from org-mode.git.

> It seems like it contains everything, so I should use it instead of
> the main one?

Jambunathan can merge changes from master org-mode.git so that his repo
keeps current with latest org-mode.git changes, but that a lot of work.

I hope we will be able to work on integrating this into org-mode.git so
that users don't have to switch from one branch to another!

HTH,

--
 Bastien