* :results replace not always working
@ 2011-01-25 11:56 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-01-25 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Bewlow an example, illustrating cases where :results replace does not
work, dependent of the type and content. Each of the source blocks was
executed twice:

":results output org replace" did not work
":results output raw replace" did work, but not with all content.

In addition, there is still the leading space in the firest line of the
output.

#+begin_src R :results output org replace
  cat("[[file1.pdf]]\n")
  cat("[[file2.pdf]]\n")
#+end_src

#+results:
#+BEGIN_ORG
[[file1.pdf]]
[[file2.pdf]]
#+END_ORG
#+BEGIN_ORG
[[file1.pdf]]
[[file2.pdf]]
#+END_ORG

#+begin_src R :results output raw replace
  cat("[[file1.pdf]]\n")
  cat("[[file2.pdf]]\n")
#+end_src

#+results:
[[file1.pdf]]
[[file2.pdf]]

#+begin_src R :results output raw replace
  cat("---\n")
  cat("[[file1.pdf]]\n")
  cat("[[file2.pdf]]\n")
  cat("---\n")
#+end_src

#+results:
 ---
[[file1.pdf]]
[[file2.pdf]]
- ---
 ---
[[file1.pdf]]
[[file2.pdf]]
- ---

Cheers,

Rainer

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Tel:        +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +27 - (0)8 39 47 90 42
Fax (SA):   +27 - (0)8 65 16 27 82
Fax (D) :   +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
Fax (FR):   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: :results replace not always working
@ 2011-01-25 16:14 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-01-25 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

I have fixed the problem with ":results org" so it should now work as
expected.  The ":results replace raw" can never work as expected because
raw results are inserted directly into the Org buffer with no wrappers
to delimit the results, so there is no way to programmatically identify
which text is the results and which is part of the Org buffer.

Thanks -- Eric

@ 2011-01-26  9:14   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-01-26  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 01/25/2011 05:14 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> I have fixed the problem with ":results org" so it should now work as
> expected.

Thanks a lot.

> The ":results replace raw" can never work as expected because
> raw results are inserted directly into the Org buffer with no wrappers
> to delimit the results, so there is no way to programmatically identify
> which text is the results and which is part of the Org buffer.

OK - makes sense.

Thanks a lot,

Rainer

> Thanks -- Eric
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Bewlow an example, illustrating cases where :results replace does not
>> work, dependent of the type and content. Each of the source blocks was
>> executed twice:
>>
>> ":results output org replace" did not work
>> ":results output raw replace" did work, but not with all content.
>>
>> In addition, there is still the leading space in the firest line of the
>> output.
>>

>> #+begin_src R :results output org replace
>>   cat("[[file1.pdf]]\n")
>>   cat("[[file2.pdf]]\n")
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+results:
>> #+BEGIN_ORG
>> [[file1.pdf]]
>> [[file2.pdf]]
>> #+END_ORG
>> #+BEGIN_ORG
>> [[file1.pdf]]
>> [[file2.pdf]]
>> #+END_ORG
>>

>> #+begin_src R :results output raw replace
>>   cat("[[file1.pdf]]\n")
>>   cat("[[file2.pdf]]\n")
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+results:
>> [[file1.pdf]]
>> [[file2.pdf]]
>>
>> #+begin_src R :results output raw replace
>>   cat("---\n")
>>   cat("[[file1.pdf]]\n")
>>   cat("[[file2.pdf]]\n")
>>   cat("---\n")