* Several graphs in R
@ 2011-01-21 10:59 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-01-21 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: Several graphs in R
@ 2011-01-21 14:35 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2011-01-21 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I just solved a problem of mine, i.e. how to deal with multiple graphs
> generated in an R script.
>
> OK - all are saved into separate pdfs in separate paths. But I would
> like to see them after they are generated - and this is my solution:
>
> #+begin_src R :results output
>   path <- "./"
>   for (i in 1:10) {
>     fn <- paste(path, "/", "graph-", i, ".pdf", sep="")
>     pdf(fn)
>     try(
>          plot(runif(100))
>        )
>     dev.off()
>     cat("[[", fn, "]]\n", sep="")   #<======= here it is!
>   }
> #+end_src
>
> Then in the results bluck, there will be links to all pdfs.
>
> Thought this might help somebody.

Hi Rainer,

Cool. You might want to experiment with

 :results output raw
 :results output org

also (I suspect that strictly speaking those links should not be
functioning as links inside an example block).

Feel free to add useful tricks like this to the babel R page:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

Dan

> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

* Re: Re: Several graphs in R
@ 2011-01-21 14:48   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-01-21 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 01/21/2011 03:35 PM, Dan Davison wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I just solved a problem of mine, i.e. how to deal with multiple graphs
>> generated in an R script.
>>
>> OK - all are saved into separate pdfs in separate paths. But I would
>> like to see them after they are generated - and this is my solution:
>>
>> #+begin_src R :results output
>>   path <- "./"
>>   for (i in 1:10) {
>>     fn <- paste(path, "/", "graph-", i, ".pdf", sep="")
>>     pdf(fn)
>>     try(
>>          plot(runif(100))
>>        )
>>     dev.off()
>>     cat("[[", fn, "]]\n", sep="")   #<======= here it is!
>>   }
>> #+end_src
>>
>> Then in the results bluck, there will be links to all pdfs.
>>
>> Thought this might help somebody.
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Cool. You might want to experiment with
>
>  :results output raw
>  :results output org

Good idea - I'll try it out - although I quite like it to be in a
results block - so it is a clear that it results from the code above.

> also (I suspect that strictly speaking those links should not be
> functioning as links inside an example block).

> Feel free to add useful tricks like this to the babel R page:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

If you tell me how, I could do it.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Dan
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Tel:        +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +27 - (0)8 39 47 90 42
Fax (SA):   +27 - (0)8 65 16 27 82
Fax (D) :   +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
Fax (FR):   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: Re: Several graphs in R
@ 2011-01-21 14:52     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-01-21 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Dan Davison

On 01/21/2011 03:48 PM, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> On 01/21/2011 03:35 PM, Dan Davison wrote:
>> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I just solved a problem of mine, i.e. how to deal with multiple graphs
>>> generated in an R script.
>>>
>>> OK - all are saved into separate pdfs in separate paths. But I would
>>> like to see them after they are generated - and this is my solution:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src R :results output
>>>   path <- "./"
>>>   for (i in 1:10) {
>>>     fn <- paste(path, "/", "graph-", i, ".pdf", sep="")
>>>     pdf(fn)
>>>     try(
>>>          plot(runif(100))
>>>        )
>>>     dev.off()
>>>     cat("[[", fn, "]]\n", sep="")   #<======= here it is!
>>>   }
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> Then in the results bluck, there will be links to all pdfs.
>>>
>>> Thought this might help somebody.
>
>> Hi Rainer,
>
>> Cool. You might want to experiment with
>
>>  :results output raw
>>  :results output org
>
> Good idea - I'll try it out - although I quite like it to be in a
> results block - so it is a clear that it results from the code above.
>
>> also (I suspect that strictly speaking those links should not be
>> functioning as links inside an example block).
>

>> Feel free to add useful tricks like this to the babel R page:
>
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html
>
> If you tell me how, I could do it.

Found it - thanks.

Rainer