* EmacsForMacOSX - copy & paste in orgmode
@ 2010-08-18 10:01 Erwin Panen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Erwin Panen @ 2010-08-18 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Juan,

I hope you don't mind me mailing you directly. I copied orgmode list in cc.

Do you have a way to copy / paste between say Firefox and Emacs / orgmode?

It doesn't seem to work, and I've found some posts googling, but no
apparent solution. It seems Acquamacs will do it, so I'd assume it's a
matter of configuring .emacs?

Thanks,

Erwin

* Re: EmacsForMacOSX - copy & paste in orgmode
@ 2010-08-18 10:43 ` Puneeth
From: Puneeth @ 2010-08-18 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erwin Panen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Juan

Hi Erwin,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Erwin Panen <erwinpanen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> I hope you don't mind me mailing you directly. I copied orgmode list in cc.
>
> Do you have a way to copy / paste between say Firefox and Emacs / orgmode?

I don't use MacOSX. But, I have the following elisp code in my
dot-emacs (Linux).

    (setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

I think this should work for you too. I'm not sure, though.

HTH,
Puneeth

* Re: EmacsForMacOSX - copy & paste in orgmode
@ 2010-08-18 12:35   ` Erwin Panen
From: Erwin Panen @ 2010-08-18 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Juan

  Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for your help;
This does indeed seem to enable copy/paste.
Unfortunately Ctrl / Option - c/v/x do not work. Probably this has to do
with my keybindings (I'm not very good at these :-) ).
I have this in my .emacs:

-----------------------------

;; command-` to switch frames
   (global-set-key [?\M-`] 'other-frame) ;  # This sets the key binding

   (setq mac-option-key-is-meta nil)
   (setq mac-command-key-is-meta t)
   (setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
   (setq mac-option-modifier nil)
------------------------------------

Erwin

@ 2010-08-18 16:11 ` Juan
From: Juan @ 2010-08-18 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erwin Panen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I can copy/paste with no problems between mac applications an emacs
(emacsformacosx).

I have to OPTION-C / V on mac apps, and C-y or M-w on Emacs.

I have the same configuration as you for mac-related stuff..

Regards,
.j.

@ 2011-01-13 13:31 ` Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2011-01-13 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On 8/18/10 Aug 18 -5:01 AM, Erwin Panen wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> I hope you don't mind me mailing you directly. I copied orgmode list in cc.
>
> Do you have a way to copy / paste between say Firefox and Emacs / orgmode?
>
> It doesn't seem to work, and I've found some posts googling, but no
> apparent solution. It seems Acquamacs will do it, so I'd assume it's a
> matter of configuring .emacs?

I find the easiest way to do this in emacs is NOT to make the command
key into meta.  That way I still have the Cmd-C, Cmd-X and Cmd-V keys
that work the same inside and outside Aquamacs.

If I do this, I can simply use Cmd-C in, e.g., firefox, then go to
aquamacs and do Cmd-V, just like any other pair of mac applications.

I find having clear access to BOTH the emacs and mac cut buffers much
less confusing than trying to make them stick together.  (I don't like
smooshing the X and emacs cut buffers together on linux, either).

This is very much a minority opinion, but you could try it, and see if
it works for you.

If you want to try it, you can use the Aquamacs menu

Options > Option, Command, Meta keys >  Option is meta

If you make heavy use of accents in your emacs, this is a losing choice,
though.  I don't, because any serious text I compose will be in latex,
anyway.

Cheers,