* org-special-blocks.el is now part of the core
@ 2011-01-03 19:21 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-03 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Chris Gray

Hi all,

Carsten received the completed FSF assignment of Chris Gray, author of
org-special-blocks.el.  I just moved this contrib from contrib/lisp/
into the core (lisp/), it will be part of the next Emacs release.

Here is a summary of what org-special-blocks.el does:

;; This package generalizes the #+begin_foo and #+end_foo tokens.

;; To use, put the following in your init file:
;;
;; (require 'org-special-blocks)

;; The tokens #+begin_center, #+begin_verse, etc. existed previously.
;; This package generalizes them (at least for the LaTeX and html
;; exporters).  When a #+begin_foo token is encountered by the LaTeX
;; exporter, it is expanded into \begin{foo}.  The text inside the
;; environment is not protected, as text inside environments generally
;; is.  When #+begin_foo is encountered by the html exporter, a div
;; with class foo is inserted into the HTML file.  It is up to the
;; user to add this class to his or her stylesheet if this div is to
;; mean anything.

Thanks Chris!

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-special-blocks.el is now part of the core
@ 2011-01-03 20:09 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-01-03 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Chris Gray, emacs-orgmode

Great! Special blocks is a really helpful contribution.

Yours,
Christian