emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
From: Erik Iverson <eriki@ccbr.umn.edu>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Clock report (R from the agenda)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:29:16 -0600	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <4CEA9A5C.5010509@ccbr.umn.edu> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <38DFDF60-C542-4C58-8DFC-EE39F7498DD8@gmail.com>

Carsten, yes, fixed, thank you!

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi Erik,
> 
> please pull and see if the error persists.
> What is the value of org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode
> 
> ?
> 
> - Carsten
> 
> On Nov 19, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Erik Iverson wrote:
> 
>> I don't know what this thread is about, but it seems related.
>> Aapologies if I'm
>> hijacking it, but as of my latest pull just this morning,
>> my agenda has no clocktable in it, where as it previously
>> did.  I have not changed anything as far as I know.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Erik
>>
>> Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>>> Hi Carsten,
>>> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>>> On Nov 4, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>>>>> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>>>>> you should now be able to use `C-u R' to achieve this.
>>>>> OK.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> The lighter in the mode line will then switch from "Clock" to 
>>>>>> "Clock{}",
>>>>> A detail: I'd eventually would have written "Clock/" to remind the 
>>>>> "/" used
>>>>> for applying the filters.
>>>> I did use {} because the current filter is actually listed in the 
>>>> mode line,
>>>> surrounded by {}.
>>>>
>>>>> Another: could we append, in the modeline, the tags (or their 
>>>>> abbrev, such
>>>>> as "w" for "work") used in the filtered view?
>>>> The filter *is* shown in the mode line.  Just not as part of the Clock
>>>> lighter.
>>> I wanted to (re-)test these, but now, when doing R, nothing is 
>>> appended into
>>> my buffer with logged times. Did I do something wrong?
>>> Same with C-u R.
>>>>>> and the current tags filtering should apply to the clock table in the
>>>>>> agenda.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please test this and report back.
>>>>> Only minor thing: while the logged lines are correctly shown or made
>>>>> invisible in the grid time, you need to refresh the table with "g" 
>>>>> for it
>>>>> to display the correct values.
>>>>>
>>>>> Until that, what's above is not in sync' with what's in the table. 
>>>>> Isn't
>>>>> there a way to make this refresh happen automatically?
>>>> That would be possible. However, the whole idea of filtering is to 
>>>> be *very*
>>>> fast, it works by hiding lines that are already in the buffer. Doing a
>>>> refresh for each change in filter would be time consuming. So I'd 
>>>> say having
>>>> to refresh by hand if the clock is showing filtered stuff is the 
>>>> smaller
>>>> evil.
>>> I would privilege coherency of sums above small delay in table 
>>> appearance. You
>>> know, when we look at tables for chasing time, we really need trustable
>>> figures.
>>> In fact, I don't really understand your argument: if I want quick 
>>> reports, I
>>> would just choose for the unfiltered view. If I need detailed sums of 
>>> clocked
>>> times, I would go for the "filtrable" view (by C-u R) and would accept a
>>> little delay.
>>> If you really don't share this vision, could you at least make this
>>> customizable?  TIA.
>>>>>>> : | File             | L | Headline             | Time    |      |
>>>>>>> : |------------------+---+----------------------+---------+------|
>>>>>>> : |                  |   | *Total time*         | *10:15* |      |
>>>>>>> : |------------------+---+----------------------+---------+------|
>>>>>>> : | Clock-Report.org |   | *File time*          | *10:15* |      |
>>>>>>> : | Clock-Report.org | 1 | Work                 | 8:09    |      |
>>>>>>> : | Clock-Report.org | 2 | Client A             |         | 3:23 |
>>>>>>> : | Clock-Report.org | 2 | Client B             |         | 4:46 |
>>>>>>> : | Clock-Report.org | 1 | Personal             | 2:06    |      |
>>>>>>> : | Clock-Report.org | 2 | DONE Lunch with Mary |         | 2:06 |
>>>>> Nice new layout. Much clearer for the levels...
>>>> Yes, I think so to.  Try :compact t, that is also nice, I think.
>>> I'll have a look -- when reports will come back to life.
>>>>> | File             | Headline                 | Time    |      |
>>>>> |------------------+--------------------------+---------+------|
>>>>> |                  | ALL *Total time*         | *10:15* |      |
>>>>> |------------------+--------------------------+---------+------|
>>>>> | Clock-Report.org | *File time*              | *10:15* |      |
>>>>> |                  | Work                     | 8:09    |      |
>>>>> |                  | \__ Client A             |         | 3:23 |
>>>>> |                  | \__ Client B             |         | 4:46 |
>>>>> |                  | Personal                 | 2:06    |      |
>>>>> |                  | \__ DONE Lunch with Mary |         | 2:06 |
>>> A couple of days ago, when it still worked, I've just seen something 
>>> really
>>> painful: all the Org buffers were referenced in that table, even 
>>> those which
>>> should not participate -- because I did not clock any time in them 
>>> (for that
>>> or those days).
>>> Plus, having many Org files, in fact, I did not see anymore the lines 
>>> with the
>>> real time, as there were many lines with 0:00 time before them...
>>> Best regards,
>>>  Seb
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>> Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
> 

      reply	other threads:[~2010-11-22 16:29 UTC|newest]

Thread overview: 9+ messages / expand[flat|nested]  mbox.gz  Atom feed  top
2010-10-27  7:40 Sébastien Vauban
2010-10-27 16:29 ` Bernt Hansen
2010-11-02  8:43 ` Carsten Dominik
2010-11-04 15:39   ` Sébastien Vauban
2010-11-06 19:58     ` Carsten Dominik
2010-11-19 14:04       ` Sébastien Vauban
2010-11-19 18:38         ` Erik Iverson
2010-11-20 11:29           ` Carsten Dominik
2010-11-22 16:29             ` Erik Iverson [this message]

Reply instructions:

You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:

* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
  and reply-to-all from there: mbox

  Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

  List information: https://www.orgmode.org/

* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
  switches of git-send-email(1):

  git send-email \
    --in-reply-to=4CEA9A5C.5010509@ccbr.umn.edu \
    --to=eriki@ccbr.umn.edu \
    --cc=carsten.dominik@gmail.com \
    --cc=emacs-orgmode@gnu.org \
    --subject='Re: Re: Clock report (R from the agenda)' \
    /path/to/YOUR_REPLY

  https://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-send-email.html

* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
  via mailto: links, try the mailto: link

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).