* beamer export question
@ 2010-08-27 15:35 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-08-27 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have been outlining a beamer presentation using BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
so that I could have some flexibility in deciding what is and isn't a frame.

I had a piece of my outline where there's a lot of detail, so the slides
are at level 4 (****).  I was disappointed to find that the level 3
heading above the level 4 frames /also/ got turned into a frame,
although it was not flagged as one.

Is there some way to make the exporter turn this level three headline
into a subsubsection, instead of emitting a bogus frame?

Or should I just tag it as noexport?

thanks!

* Re: beamer export question
@ 2010-08-27 15:41 ` Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-08-27 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On 8/27/10 Aug 27 -10:35 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> I have been outlining a beamer presentation using BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
> so that I could have some flexibility in deciding what is and isn't a frame.
>
> I had a piece of my outline where there's a lot of detail, so the slides
> are at level 4 (****).  I was disappointed to find that the level 3
> heading above the level 4 frames /also/ got turned into a frame,
> although it was not flagged as one.
>
> Is there some way to make the exporter turn this level three headline
> into a subsubsection, instead of emitting a bogus frame?
>
> Or should I just tag it as noexport?

Sigh.  I should have tried this before blithering.

I can't use "noexport" for this purpose, because it will be inherited,
and the items below the level three header will be suppressed, which is
not at all what I want.

Thanks for any suggestions!

* Re: beamer export question
@ 2010-08-29 20:52   ` Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-08-29 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On 8/27/10 Aug 27 -10:41 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> On 8/27/10 Aug 27 -10:35 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
>> I have been outlining a beamer presentation using BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
>> so that I could have some flexibility in deciding what is and isn't a frame.
>>
>> I had a piece of my outline where there's a lot of detail, so the slides
>> are at level 4 (****).  I was disappointed to find that the level 3
>> heading above the level 4 frames /also/ got turned into a frame,
>> although it was not flagged as one.
>>
>> Is there some way to make the exporter turn this level three headline
>> into a subsubsection, instead of emitting a bogus frame?
>>
>> Or should I just tag it as noexport?
>
> Sigh.  I should have tried this before blithering.
>
> I can't use "noexport" for this purpose, because it will be inherited,
> and the items below the level three header will be suppressed, which is
> not at all what I want.

Seems to be my day for answering my own questions:  looks like the
ignoreheading value for the property BEAMER_env is what I was looking for.