* From todos to tracking
@ 2010-08-12 17:15 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-12 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was wondering if there is something that would be able to convert a
org-mode buffer (with todos) to a web page (even static) that resembles
a tracking system.

I don't mean also the way back (writing from the web page to the org
mode) but also one way it would be nice, because TODO in the normal html
exportation don't really resembles TODO in a tracking system...

* Re: From todos to tracking
@ 2010-08-12 17:29 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-08-12 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if there is something that would be able to convert a
> org-mode buffer (with todos) to a web page (even static) that resembles
> a tracking system.
>
> I don't mean also the way back (writing from the web page to the org
> mode) but also one way it would be nice, because TODO in the normal html
> exportation don't really resembles TODO in a tracking system...

Can you be more specific?

--
 Bastien

* Re: From todos to tracking
@ 2010-08-12 17:35   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-12 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if there is something that would be able to convert a
>> org-mode buffer (with todos) to a web page (even static) that resembles
>> a tracking system.
>>
>> I don't mean also the way back (writing from the web page to the org
>> mode) but also one way it would be nice, because TODO in the normal html
>> exportation don't really resembles TODO in a tracking system...
>
> Can you be more specific?

Something like this
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kde-bugtracking-via-bugzilla-firefox-1.0.6-kde-3.4.2-de.png
I mean of course we need to give to it many more informations, but at
least the state is there, the message also and the number could be
generated.

Something like
org-export-todo-to-tracking

could have some variables to set and given a normal page prodouce
something like the figure.
But maybe it doesn't make sense I'm not sure...

* Re: Re: From todos to tracking
@ 2010-08-12 20:08     ` Jan Böcker
From: Jan Böcker @ 2010-08-12 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 08/12/2010 07:35 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:
>
>> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I was wondering if there is something that would be able to convert a
>>> org-mode buffer (with todos) to a web page (even static) that resembles
>>> a tracking system.
>>>
>>> I don't mean also the way back (writing from the web page to the org
>>> mode) but also one way it would be nice, because TODO in the normal html
>>> exportation don't really resembles TODO in a tracking system...
>>
>> Can you be more specific?
>

> Something like this
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kde-bugtracking-via-bugzilla-firefox-1.0.6-kde-3.4.2-de.png
> I mean of course we need to give to it many more informations, but at
> least the state is there, the message also and the number could be
> generated.
>
> Something like
> org-export-todo-to-tracking
>
> could have some variables to set and given a normal page prodouce
> something like the figure.
> But maybe it doesn't make sense I'm not sure...

I don't know what exactly you want to do, but it sounds like column view
could do a large portion of that.

In the Org manual, check out the following sections:

7.5.2 Using column view, for how to define what columns you want

7.5.3 Capturing column view, for how to insert a table containing the
column view's data into your Org file (which you can then export to
html). To export only the column view, you may also be interested in
section 12.2, Selective export.

If you want to generate a table that contains links to a "detailed view"
for each entry, I guess you need some custom elisp code. Maybe write
your own dynamic block function which first calls
`org-dblock-write:columnview' to do most of the heavy lifting, then
post-processes the output to make an "id" column into links, and finally
calls the export function for every TODO headline and the headline
containing the dynamic block (while supplying appropriate file names)?

HTH, Jan