* Nice links bookmarks
@ 2010-07-27 20:51 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-07-27 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was wondering how many people add nice links in the footnotes like [1]

I use "turn-on-orgstruct" and "turn-on-orgtbl" when I write messages and
I suspect that it could be an orgmode feature, but I could not find it.

If I add a footnote I get a similar result but not exactly the same...
Thansk a lot

[1] www.fakelink.com

* Re: Nice links bookmarks
@ 2010-07-27 21:00 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-07-27 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andrea,

I use `footnote-mode' (which is not related to Org-mode) for footnoting
my emails.  It is provided by footnote.el which I believe is part of
recent Emacses.

Best -- Eric

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering how many people add nice links in the footnotes like [1]
>
> I use "turn-on-orgstruct" and "turn-on-orgtbl" when I write messages and
> I suspect that it could be an orgmode feature, but I could not find it.
>
> If I add a footnote I get a similar result but not exactly the same...
> Thansk a lot
>
> [1] www.fakelink.com

* Re: Nice links bookmarks
@ 2010-07-27 21:04 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-07-27 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering how many people add nice links in the footnotes like [1]
>
> I use "turn-on-orgstruct" and "turn-on-orgtbl" when I write messages and
> I suspect that it could be an orgmode feature, but I could not find it.
>
> If I add a footnote I get a similar result but not exactly the same...
> Thansk a lot
>
> [1] www.fakelink.com

Could you please clarify your question? I'm not quite sure what you are
trying to accomplish.

Are you perhaps inquiring how to use org-footnote in message-mode? You
can do so with "M-x org-footnote-action".

But that may not be what you are looking for....

Best,
Matt

* Re: Nice links bookmarks
@ 2010-07-27 21:22   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-07-27 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I meant exactly what Eric said, footnote.el is quite cool in fact.
But we can achieve the same result with org-mode (even in his minor-mode
version), so why don't use it?

With this variable moreover we get the same style:
(setq org-footnote-auto-label 'plain)

The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that with C-c I should go
back in the text while in message-mode it will try to send it, BUT
looking at what the command does we get:

C-c C-c runs the command orgtbl-ctrl-c-ctrl-c

Does that mean that in the minor mode it passes the control on the major
mode for keys?

Could it not be possible to execute the footnote command with C-c if
we're on a footnote and message-mode command otherwise?
Thanks

* Re: Re: Nice links bookmarks
@ 2010-07-30  6:45     ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-07-30  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 27.07.2010 23:22, schrieb Andrea Crotti:
> I meant exactly what Eric said, footnote.el is quite cool in fact.
> But we can achieve the same result with org-mode (even in his minor-mode
> version), so why don't use it?

Last time I used it, footnote.el was not able to detect already existing
footnotes, when opening a file.

A patched version for common footnote.el it (footnote-init)
exists here

https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

org-footnote doesn't have this bug AFAIK, also it comes with some
advanced features als labels