I have found what I believe to be a bug in handling ordered subtasks. Here is the behavior: I have a top level set of tasks that is ordered. One of the outline items below the top level set is a grab bag of tasks that will be performed in parallel. So this task is NOT ordered (ORDERED: nil). The problem is that the blocking behavior from ordered tasks seems to be inherited from the top level task list into the second level of the outline, even though the ORDERED property at the second level is explicitly overridden. I am attaching an org file that displays this issue. To see the problem, put your cursor on the "Bar" task and attempt to change its status to DONE. Cheers, R