From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Export to latex ignores user-mail-address
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:51:32 +0530	[thread overview]

On 3/10/2010 8:34 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Andrew Roberts\cr\texttt{{{{EMAIL}}}}

Thanks for this suggestion. This satisfactorily addresses the concern
that I had raised.

For completion's sake, let me register my observations here.

I was trying to get in a newline (in sort of a roundabout way).

Facts
1. Author string can have macros
2. Macro arguments allow linebreaks to be reproduced verbatim in
exported files

Putting 1 & 2 together, I had a partial success.

Variant-1:

----> org-input <----

#+MACRO: verbatim $1
#+AUTHOR: {{{verbatim(Jambunathan K)}}}
* Section

   {{{verbatim(Jambunathan K)}}}

   {{{verbatim(Jambunathan
           K)}}}

  ---> tex outut <---
\author{Jambunathan K}
\section{Section}
\label{sec-1}
   Jambunathan K
   Jambunathan

This is a well-formed tex file. Key thing is it validates facts 1 & 2 above.

Variant-2:

---> org input <---

#+MACRO: verbatim $1
#+AUTHOR:   {{{verbatim(Jambunathan
           K)}}}

* Section
   {{{verbatim(Jambunathan K)}}}
   {{{verbatim(Jambunathan
           K)}}}

---> tex output <---
\author{{\{{verbatim(Jambunathan}
\section{Section}
\label{sec-1}
   Jambunathan K
   Jambunathan

This is not a well-formed latex file.

My gut feelings is that although macros are enabled for author string,
the parsing is broken when the invocation spans multiple lines.

Thanks,
Jambunathan K